BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open BVE Mac OSX crashing

4 posters

Go down

Open BVE Mac OSX crashing Empty Open BVE Mac OSX crashing

Post by jpbates Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi

I have today installed OpenBVE on my Macbook Air. I used to play on the old BVE on a PC back in the day.

The first time its installed it works fine and I can drive but any subsequent attempt to start a new route the app simply closes down without any error message. I came across another thread on here from 2012 with the same problem and it said a fix was in the works but there are no comments after that.

I can click any of the left hand buttons with no problem, but as soon as you select a route it simply closes down.

I am running OS X 10.10.1 on a 1.8Ghz Intel I7 processor Macbook Air with 4GB Ram and Intel HD 3000 graphics.

I have the Mono and SDL installed via https://sites.google.com/site/openbvesim/Download/mac

And the sim thing happens whether you launch via terminal from the zip version or auto installer - I've tried both.

Can you help?

Thanks
James

jpbates

Back to top Go down

Open BVE Mac OSX crashing Empty Re: Open BVE Mac OSX crashing

Post by jpbates Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Here's what it says in the Terminal Log...

Jamess-Air:~ jamesbates$ mono /Users/jamesbates/Downloads/openbve_stable\ 2/OpenBve.exe 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView+ItemControl.ItemsMouseDown (System.Object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs me) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonDown (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ListView+ItemControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in :0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in :0 

Jamess-Air:~ jamesbates$

jpbates

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:40 pm

So few OpenBVE users rely on macs these days.
I'm given to believe it is easier to get the program to work using a PC emulator like Wine.
It seems other fixes and patches require the brains of a Linux egg-head techie to work.
I gave up on macs for BVE even before the Intel ones appeared. Sad
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:22 pm

If it's the same crash as in the Linux version (Looks like it from here, but I don't have any Macs available to test...), selecting your route with the TAB key rather than the mouse will work.

I think it's a Mono bug..

Cheers

Chris Lees

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jsiren Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:29 am

The error message (Object reference not set to an instance of an object) looks like it's the same thing.

jsiren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down