BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download

+8
call2
JimH
Quork
BillEWS
Dexter
graymac
bussy
HijauKuda
12 posters

Go down

openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download Empty openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download

Post by HijauKuda Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:56 am

I did find and install the new update of openBVE version 1.4.3.2 to download here
http://openbve.tk/?page_id=15

HijauKuda

Back to top Go down

openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download Empty Re: openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download

Post by bussy Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi Happy new year.
Can you tell me how to update please do i delete old bve ?

bussy

Back to top Go down

openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download Empty Re: openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download

Post by HijauKuda Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:32 pm

Sir bussy
I did move new 1.4.3.2 version files to a folder \openbve\openbve1432
I did leave old 1.4.3.0 version files to a folder \openbve\openbve1430
Old version I do not remove for several days, to comfort my mind a new version does operate correct.

Good day and night for you.
HK

HijauKuda

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:32 pm

You can use a separate folder for each version of the program, if you want to keep earlier versions.
It is wise to save earlier versions anyway, in case of problems later.

I notice that Odakyufan's official OpenBVE download site is not available at the time of posting this comment.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Does this one actually work, or does it throw errors like some of the previous updates? Any significant fps changes?
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:50 pm

I gave it a very short trial and had no problems.
Richard Ward, who did the rewrite, seems to have got it right, I recommend anyone to try it and see. Also, it's a welcome idea to have another source for the program as the official site is unavailable again. So well done, Richard.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download Empty OpenBVE Update

Post by BillEWS Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:31 pm

When I click on the URL given it opens a foreign page of which I have no idea of what language this contains and can't see anything that suggests you can down load the Upgrade. Am I missing something! The page is titles 'Hostinger'.

Last edited by BillEWS on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

BillEWS

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/GKHome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:43 pm

You're right, some Hungarian hosting page. It worked this morning Sad Sad
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by HijauKuda Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:46 am

I do find the URL download webpage site and the download link works correct.
Webpages .tk on a very remote island in the ocean pacific, I do find this interesting.
Does sir Richard Ward live a good life, laying on a beach in sunlight warm, cold drinks with umbrellas, making new game programs?

I do run slower FPS the version 1.4.3.2 main program than version 1.4.3.0 and version 1.4.3.a, though the full screen objectviewer and routeviewer is good to my liking.  Can we use this new viewer with the old 1.4.3.0 or 1.4.3.a?

HK

HijauKuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:34 am

.tk is the only (?) free top level domain. That's the only reason for so many sites having a .tk domain (at least for some time it was even the most used TLD worldwide).
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by JimH Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Downloaded and a couple of runs tried. So far so good. Getting a regular 58-62 fps. Got taken aback when the game was loading when a screen appeared depicting what appears to be a Baldwin loco. Thought I'd got into another sim. Also received a message from my anti-virus telling me the programme wanted to connect to the internet. That's new! Hanging on to the old files for now.
Jim

JimH

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:46 pm

It connects to provide latest available updates from Richard Ward.
The loading screen pic is obviously American, you can change it if you want, find the file:
.....\openbve 1.4.3.2\Data\In-game\logo.png and edit/replace that.
(I put an Irish IC railcar in mine!)
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:57 am

Yepp, the connection request is not surprising, the update search is listed as a big new feature. Probably still better to tell the firewall to not let it pass and regularily check manually for updates on the page until we know something more. I don't want to insinuate anything and most probably Richard Ward is a very decent guy and honest supporter of OpenBVE, but you must stay cautious on the internet.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by bussy Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:42 am

download ok all works fine Very Happy

bussy

Back to top Go down

Post by HijauKuda Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:46 pm

I did copy the file objectviewer.exe and another file routeviewer.exe
from the folder of the new version 1.4.3.2 to the folder of the old version 1.4.3.0
so to make possible full screen viewers and to keep higher FPS of the 1.4.3.0 program main.  I find this does best work of my PC.

HK

HijauKuda

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:56 pm

There is a minor issue I have noticed - some "flickering" under bridges, perhaps an anomaly connected with the .brightness function? It doesn't seem to affect official v1.4.3.0
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by call2 Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:56 pm

After upgrading from v1.4.2.0 all of the graphics, frame rates, etc, appear to be the same for me.

The only fault that I get is by selecting Customise controls > Import, to change say from a single handle control to a 2 handle control, or vice-versa. I select the train route diagram press start and after about 30 seconds the program crashes before finishing the load. If I then restart OpenBVE and select a train route diagram, without going into Customise controls again, the program loads the diagram and runs without fault. It will stay this way until I make use of the Customise controls again, when it will always crash on the first load train route diagram.

I will continue to try and find the cause, but I've tried the obvious solutions, download another copy/build another copy of OpenBVE in a different folder etc, but it does not make any difference.

I don't wish to seem ungrateful about OpenBVE updates, but instead of changing the 'presentation' of OpenBVE, would the time not be better spent trying to improve some of the OpenBVE features. One thing that really does need sorting is passing trains sounds. Whilst driving, to have a train pass by the cab in the other direction without any sound at all, is so unrealistic and detracts from the excellent physics that Open BVE enjoys.

call2

Back to top Go down

openBVE version 1.4.3.2 new update to download Empty openbve version 1.4.3.2

Post by jckhinks Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:42 am

I have noticed alot of flickering, more than with other versions.jckhinks
jckhinks
jckhinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:40 am

call2 wrote:I don't wish to seem ungrateful about OpenBVE updates, but instead of changing the 'presentation' of OpenBVE, would the time not be better spent trying to improve some of the OpenBVE features. One thing that really does need sorting is passing trains sounds. Whilst driving, to have a train pass by the cab in the other direction without any sound at all, is so unrealistic and detracts from the excellent physics that Open BVE enjoys.

I agree with you call2, there are some features that OpenBVE could have such as plugin functions, you can create plugins to do anything they want but only to the extent that they work with only the train. If it could work with the simulator as well as the train, you would probably see a difference in the Door Function, so you can only open the doors if the train is correctly stopped for example.

Regards,
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by jsiren Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi,

a couple of remarks of 1.4.3.2 after brief trials on Ubuntu 14.04.

First, once extracted, the new version simply crashed mono on my computer. Fortunately this was easily resolved. This is an old issue with PNG transparencies acting up with the Ubuntu libgdiplus. Copy the png files in Data/Menu from a working version of OpenBVE over the ones extracted from the new package. My copy seemed to hang up on Data/Menu/icon_parent.png, yours may vary.

Once running, the newer version definitely looks good. There is a little glitch in that the time selection widget overlaps other widgets in the options tab.

The new 1.4.3.2 version seems to use about twice as much CPU time as 1.4.3; my current computer has an AMD FX6100 3.3 GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GT210, and Kingston ssdNOW V300 240GB system drive where OpenBVE resides + an additional 2 TB storage drive. Unfortunately OpenBVE only uses one of the six cores, so while the older version loads one core at about 40 to 60%, the newer version keeps it at maximum. This results in reduced frame rates. This was tested on the same route with identical graphics settings.

I have yet to try any of the new features on 1.4.3.2.

Last edited by jsiren on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor corrections)

jsiren

Back to top Go down

Post by hkmtrhah Sun May 31, 2015 4:46 am

Some strict speaking here, forgive me as I'm (sort of) working in the same field.

This person who forked it from the 1.4.3.0 as 1.4.3.2 seemed changed nothing.
The news part used some non-neutral languages which makes it look like a work of some students.
Clicking on the LinkLabel thing in the news section, it used to take a long time to load the page and then just a "Coming soon". I thought there would be at least some controls to show different news of his openBVE fork.
And actually the culture of news publishing of oB would not be like this. Setting up a thing there is just useless and doesn't make sense.

Before the game stage starts, just after the SDL window has been opened, the application was crashed with DLLNotFoundException.
Not sure if he has added some other DLLs as reference into it or changed some existings' file version requirements. However, neither does aforementioned reasons are acceptable to me.

He also does not give a "more detailed" docs about what other dependencies to have, and those dependencies included inside the file of the downloadable package are just...they must have yet been asked for permission to include files, and is it good to be? I don't think so.

nonononono.gif

*have yet tried 1.4.3a fork but I have a better hope since it's hosted its source on GitHub, not good managing using Git though
hkmtrhah
hkmtrhah

http://about.me/hkgsherlock

Back to top Go down