BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Class 66 releases

+7
JimH
graymac
mobile1
stevewool
cris_smith14
vpodhola
Stevegr
11 posters

Go down

New Class 66 releases Empty New Class 66 releases

Post by Stevegr Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:00 pm

I've finally released the first Class 66's with external view.

66501 Light engine, 66502 Freightliner and 66615 Coal train.

The cab/train has been converted to png file format and the sounds tweaked a bit.

Here's a direct link to the page on my site.

Class 66

Last edited by Stevegr on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

New Class 66 releases Empty Re: New Class 66 releases

Post by vpodhola Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Perfect! Thanks.
vpodhola
vpodhola

Back to top Go down

Post by cris_smith14 Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Thank you steve another great diesel too add to the collection and i must say wow what a mouth watering drive.

cris_smith14

Back to top Go down

Post by stevewool Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Another amazing looking diesel Steve!, superb stuff, thanks very much. Im off for a thrash!!!

Steve

stevewool

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:41 pm

I've now released some EWS versions of the 66, although not shown I have on my site as yet.

But they are on the same page as the Freightliner releases, so just click on the link above.

Thanks for the remarks above gentlemen, I never get much feedback at all.

To me that seems to be based on my being the rotter in bve, although time has proved otherwise.

Or it might be, I still don't code.

So terrible!

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Steve, i know how you must feel, having spent a lot of your valuable time producing something for others to enjoy for no reward other than the occasional "well done" is mind numbing to say the least. i think its more likely to be the lack of openbve users more than anything else. I, like you, dont get many people congratulating me on my productions, its probably because not that many users are interested in my era of work, but then i only really do it for my enjoyment, a bonus is just one person enjoying it, (normally that oirish fella)...perhaps one day when people realise how good openbve is that will change, oh by the way...extremely well done on the latest addition to your work...regards
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:28 pm

but then i only really do it for my enjoyment, a bonus is just one person enjoying it, (normally that oirish fella)...

Bejasus, is it meself he's after talkin' about??? lol!

Fact is, there's not  a lot of activity and postings on the OpenBVE forums in the UK at the moment.The only upside is that we seem to have lost the whingers and begrudgers who like the attention. Right now the attention's thinly spread.
Alan (mobile1) is being realistic by doing the work for the enjoyment of it. I suspect Steve gets the same satisfaction of a job well done. Both of you have produced some fine work based on the UK scene. And I don't think anyone has produced more UK rolling stock than Steve has done.
I have to confess I seldom drive trains on the sim, oddly, it seems, gaining more enjoyment from making the stuff than actually using it. I do wonder how many users are out there, though there must be quite a lot as my server is dishing out the downloads regularly.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cris_smith14 Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:37 am

I love steve gr work and the trains i drive (which is all of them) i still water t the mouth so yeah i love the work and must agree thanks again Steve gr .....

cris_smith14

Back to top Go down

Post by JimH Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:29 am

An excellent addition to the fleet Chris with brilliant externals. Thanks. Just to pick up on earlier comments, 2015 has been a busy year for me on the DIY front with little time to spare for the sim but on catching up on route updates and traction releases, I am astounded at the quality of your work and sincerely hope you will continue. I for one really appreciate your efforts and only wish I could be as creative. Regards, Jim.

JimH

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Just given the new 66 a run on MNW's loaded MGR coal train from Maybank To Brookfield Yard. Great 66 cab view and everything sounded good and the controls all worked fine, I was able to control the train under yellow signals just right and holding it's maximum 60 mph on the long runs. No trouble controlling braking fr going into loops or into the yard at the end.

The 66 External view is also excellent, great colouring and smooth finish. The nonly thing ws in the external view the engine sounds seemed very low, especially in comparison with the in-cab view. However, that may just be me!

It's been a while since we had a new loco or route and this was very welcome. I have the latest version of MNW and it runs beautifully and the new 66 fits just right.  Thanks for all the work you do Steve, very much appreciated.

BillEWS

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/GKHome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:08 am

No it's not just you Bill!

Until the great day someone configures seperate sounds for both the cabview and the external you have basically three choices as only one set is played at the moment.

Cab based, external or something in between!

That's the three choices, in the case of the 66 they have remained cab based as the important motor sounds are not up to being made louder.

Also they are not played in the engine room by open bve but from were the cabview is located in relation to the external, so that's why you hear them best at the front.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by thehoviskid Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:47 pm

You can beef up the idle sound by allocating it (or a genuine external idle sound if you have one) to Klaxon2 in the sound config for when you're "outside".  Not perfect but it helps.
thehoviskid
thehoviskid

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:28 am

Thanks for your comments. Now that I know what the probem is then I will simply accept the external sounds as they are. The corrections appear to be a compromise that may affect the sounds within the internal view, which is where you remain for the majority of any run.

BillEWS

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Steve, the Class 66 looks very good, well done!
phontanka
phontanka

http://phontanka.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1984 Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Really nice, just need some NWM diagrams for them!

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Well, guess what!

Thanks to Tony Haylor pointing out that the AWS sounds sounded in the wrong place or just in front of the cab rather than at the back of the No1 end bogie where the pick up actually is.

I am at the moment reconfiguring all of them, that's what I've released and quite a few more I haven't yet.....

I've also corrected quit a few errors in the released one's that thanks to Tony I have now noticed!  

So updated ones will be released shortly. 

The one's I've made but not released are GBRf versions, by the way.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1984 Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Is one of them in Metronet livery?

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:46 pm

rick1984 wrote:Is one of them in Metronet livery?

No.

I don't have the photo's at the moment.

The same goes for any of the one off liveries on the later build.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:48 pm

All the previously released EWS and Freightliner Class 66's have now been rereleased.

Plus I've finally released some GBRf ones.

Note the old versions of the EWS and FL need either a file name change, deleting or moved before you download the revised versions as I have not changed the file names.

Last edited by Stevegr on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer ereor..)

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

New Class 66 releases Empty Class 66 releases

Post by Stevegr Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Released this morning.

GBRf 66779 'Evening Star' top and tail with 66715 'Valour' hauling the GBRf 15 railtour.

A sight departure for me this one the cabs wrong for 779, the last batch from USA has the 'Euro' cab with UK fittings.

I hope to put that right one day....soooooon.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:10 pm

An excellent train. I have ran it on NWM in an express passenger route, with three stops and it ran and sounded really well. Takes a lot of braking from maximum speed. Very nice cab screen image and the external looks nice and solid. Well done, Steve.

BillEWS

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Released today the reverse of the last one or 66715 leading and 66779 on the rear.

The train set has also been reconfigured so you now have the generator coach on the rear.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Just released.

GBRf 66731 'interhubGB' hauling 66779 'Evening Star', 59003 'Yeoman Highlander' and 66715 'Valour' in a light engine move.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down