BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East London Shoreditch-New Cross LIne for Openbve

4 posters

Go down

East London Shoreditch-New Cross LIne for Openbve Empty East London Shoreditch-New Cross LIne for Openbve

Post by johng42 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:20 pm

I have recently installed this route, which has 3 alternatives, but in each case it loads with the error message 20 files not found. I suspect it may be the location of signal folders.
Can any user of this route confirm the correct location for Lu_Northern_Signals and Lu Sigs? Thanks

Johng42

johng42

Back to top Go down

East London Shoreditch-New Cross LIne for Openbve Empty Re: East London Shoreditch-New Cross LIne for Openbve

Post by Northern Line Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Put lul_sigs folder in your Objects folder (no subfolders), It should fix your problem.
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

East London Shoreditch-New Cross LIne for Openbve Empty Re: East London Shoreditch-New Cross LIne for Openbve

Post by johng42 Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks for the reply Northern Line. Sadly the Lu Sigs folder is already in the root Object folder. The Lu_Northern_Signals is in the root Bve folder.
I note that on loading the routes the description includes the note "Run in Bve4". I am running Openbve in Linux. Is this note significant?
cheers
Johng42

johng42

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Hello John,

the note might be significant as BVE4 has some signal objects and textures in its root folder; openBVe does not include those. That's where the errors might be coming from.

D.
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by johng42 Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks Dexter. Any merit in trying to copy the BVE4 files into my BVE folder, or will this cause problems
Cheers
John

johng42

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Do you have the Route Viewer on your computer, John?
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by johng42 Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:15 pm

No I do not have route viewer, but I have found a link to download the enhanced version. Will I need this
John

johng42

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Route viewer is most useful if stuff's missing. It will show a list of loading errors which include "missing" objects. And it says where it can't find the objects, so then you know not just WHAT they are but also WHERE they ought to go when you find them!! Its also good for studying the route without needing train/program if you need to inspect bits in detail.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johng42 Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Ahem! I am typing this whilst shuffling embarrassingly! I plead a combination of senility and stupidity. Lesson No. 1 - Always read the Readme file, which states as follows :- "v2.7.8 July 2010
Checked for openBVE. 20 errors on loading screen but works correctly in OpenBVE"
The Route Viewer works very well in Windows but I could not get it to work in Linux. Thanks to Dexter and graymac. I shall retire less than gracefully!!

johng42

Back to top Go down

Post by johng42 Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm

As a rider to my last message I have,through Route Viewer, found a number of instances where file references have used "ell" instead of "ell_v2".On correction of the csv files I have reduced the files not found.
I have also got Route Viewer working in Linux(using Mono). Making progress!

johng42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down