BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems and errors in openBVE

+4
graymac
Drag0nflamez
joeyfjj
buckysam
8 posters

Go down

Problems and errors in openBVE Empty Problems and errors in openBVE

Post by buckysam Mon May 28, 2012 3:59 am

Hello,

I could use a little bit of help here. I seem to have some problems with some of my openBVE routes and I can't seem to fix them. I really hope that y'all can help me solve all of them. Here are the problems I am having:

1. On one route, whenever I stop at any station, other than the starting station, I get the message that says, "Boarding Complete" when the doors havn't opened and I also get points deducted for "Premature Departure".
  2. On another route, the doors open on the wrong side, away from the platform, at certian stations. It is a London Underground route where the doors are opened and closed manually and I have to open the doors on the wrong side in order for it to count as stopping at that station.
  3. For some reason, and I have only noticed this on the NY subway routes, but the ATS/ATC doesn't seem to work. I once ran a red signal and the ATS didn't even activate, and I didn't even get points deducted for running a red. I think that there are some other routes like that as well, but I am unsure. I will let you know if I find any. And there are sounds for the ATS/ATC that I never hear.
  4. On some of the NY subway routes as well, the speed is entered in the game as kilometers per hour instead of miles per hour. An example is I went past a sign that said the limit was 30 but when I went past it, a message came up that said, "The sign indicates a speed of 30 kmph, you are traveling at XX kmph. Please slow down." or something like that. How do I fix this?
  5. This isn't much of an issue but one day, I was just browsing my openBVE Content folder and I was looking through the Network West Midlands sound folder and I found some sound files that I wasn't sure what they were, so I listened to them and they sounded like a radio anouncement from a dispatch center to the engineer, but I have never heard of them before. And there are also other sound files for some other routes that I have never heard before either. How do I get it so I can hear them?

These are all the issues and problems I can think of right now. I will see if these problems might be caused by not having the current version. As of now, I have Ver. 1.2.13.0 I'll see about using the current version and see if it might fix some things.

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Problems and errors in openBVE Empty Re: Problems and errors in openBVE

Post by joeyfjj Mon May 28, 2012 4:23 am

2. The developer probably coded for BVE4, which did not fully indicate which side the doors open. Some developers made use of this loophole.
5. These were used in the runs into and out of Brookfield Yard in the previous versions of NWM, but these run were available were available only in the earlier eras and has not been completed as of now.

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Mon May 28, 2012 11:45 am

1: BVE4 or short waiting times. Also, don't look at your driver's performance log.
3: Not implemented, also they have been a bit lazy at BVEStation to build a tripcock train plugin
4: NYC Subway routes with coded speed limits? Are you joking? Modify the route using a conversion table.. (aka google)
5: Unused sounds

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Mon May 28, 2012 7:37 pm

joeyfjj wrote:2. The developer probably coded for BVE4, which did not fully indicate which side the doors open. Some developers made use of this loophole.
5. These were used in the runs into and out of Brookfield Yard in the previous versions of NWM, but these run were available were available only in the earlier eras and has not been completed as of now.

2. Well, is there a way I can change that?
5. Then why on one route whenever I start, someone comes on the radio and tells me that I am clear to go?

Drag0nflamez wrote:1: BVE4 or short waiting times. Also, don't look at your driver's performance log.
3: Not implemented, also they have been a bit lazy at BVEStation to build a tripcock train plugin
4: NYC Subway routes with coded speed limits? Are you joking? Modify the route using a conversion table.. (aka google)
5: Unused sounds

1. Is there a way I can fix this?
3. Is there a place where I can download really good NYC subway routes with the ATS/ATC plugins equipped or is it just the trains themselves, ecause they have ATS/ATC indicators in the lower right corner? If it is the trains, where can I also find some good trains for the routes?
4. If I am correct, that can be modified by using Excel or something similar to that, right? And how do I modify it? Also, what do you mean by:
Drag0nflamez wrote:NYC Subway routes with coded speed limits? Are you joking?
And I am just curious, but is there a place where I can find like a manual (preferably online in a pdf format) with the signs, signals, and rules of the subway system? And I also want to know where I can find some good LA subway routes and Amtrak routes because I can't find any? Thanks.

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Mon May 28, 2012 8:35 pm

1: not sure.
3: ATS/ATC indicators just mean that there is no plugin specified so it uses default OpenBVE ATS.
4: NOT EXCEL!! You're doing it wrong. Notepad(++) is your best friend.

Most NYC subway routes don't have coded speed limits afaik. (that means the A, B, C and D.

http://www.nycsubway.org/articles/signals.html is the closest what you can get.

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Thu May 31, 2012 3:25 am

Drag0nflamez wrote:1: not sure.
3: ATS/ATC indicators just mean that there is no plugin specified so it uses default OpenBVE ATS.
4: NOT EXCEL!! You're doing it wrong. Notepad(++) is your best friend.

Most NYC subway routes don't have coded speed limits afaik. (that means the A, B, C and D.

http://www.nycsubway.org/articles/signals.html is the closest what you can get.

4. I tried Notepad, but I can't seem to figure out what it is I am supposed to edit.

Can anyone still help my with my other issues such as 1, 2, and 3?

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 am

Issue 1 is likely incorrect use/parameters in the station command, which is unfortunately one of the most complex ones to get to grips with. See OpenBVE documentation for creating add-ons for explanation of the parameters. A simpler explanation is to be found in Denis Lance's routebuilding tutorial, links in knowledge pages.

Issue 2 Door 'open side' is a parameter in the station command for which the value is -1 left; 1 right. It should be set by the route developer and rarely needs changing, as platforms are not noted for the ability to move around a lot.

And sorry, I can't comment on underground, NY or London, as I don't use any trains in drains.

Excel will probably **** things up further. It won't magically tell you what to edit, you have to understand that yourself.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tonytrainsfree Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:01 pm

hi all I have got open bve in windows 7 some of contols do not work do
thanks tonytrainsfree

tonytrainsfree

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:20 pm

And which crystal ball should we gaze in to know which controls you mean? If you cannot bother to give sufficient detail you cannot expect anyone to help. And a little punctuation wouldn't hurt either.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by tonytrainsfree Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:13 pm

graymac wrote:And which crystal ball should we gaze in to know which controls you mean? If you cannot bother to give sufficient detail you cannot expect anyone to help. And a little punctuation wouldn't hurt either.
the 2 horns do not work.

tonytrainsfree

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:29 pm

tonytrainsfree wrote:
graymac wrote:And which crystal ball should we gaze in to know which controls you mean? If you cannot bother to give sufficient detail you cannot expect anyone to help. And a little punctuation wouldn't hurt either.
the 2 horns do not work.

If your talking about the latest version, then I can help. I had that problem before, but I fixed it by changing the horn keys to the same as in the version 1.2 series of openBVE.

And I still havent found what I am supposed to change in notepad to fix the speed limits. Where are they listed at?

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 pm

The speed limits are set in the track namespace using:
.limit N where N is the max speed in kph. Use "find" to see if any limits are already inserted in the route.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:02 am

buckysam wrote:
  • On another route, the doors open on the wrong side, away from the platform, at certian stations. It is a London Underground route where the doors are opened and closed manually and I have to open the doors on the wrong side in order for it to count as stopping at that station.

All the LU trains use the OS_Ats1.dll plugin, which has support for door-side control. The route file should contain a 'beacon 23' command at each station, whose parameters are as graymac said, -1 for left and 1 for right. Believe me, if these commands are present and the train is properly configured the doors will always open on the correct side. The latest version of OS_Ats1.dll is 1.4.3.94 with a build date of 01 Feb 2009 - issued to overcome a bug with door indicators coming on in tunnels... the real way to solve this is to make your 'doorOff' image blank out all the lamps you don't want showing, as per my LU 1995 and 1996 trains... don't just trust the door indicator to work on its own..

Look in the panel2.cfg file for the train and see if there's a section something like this (some parameters will be different depending on the train):
Code:
;Door indicator left
;
[PilotLamp]
Subject = ats54
Location = 0, 311
DaytimeImage = cab\DoorOnL3b.bmp
NighttimeImage = cab\DoorOnL3b_n.bmp
TransparentColor = #000000
Layer = 5

;Door indicator right
;
[PilotLamp]
Subject = ats55
Location = 0, 311
DaytimeImage = cab\DoorOnR3b.bmp
NighttimeImage = cab\DoorOnR3b_n.bmp
TransparentColor = #000000
Layer = 5

and then look in the OS_Ats1.cfg file and verify that the door indicators are listed :
Code:

doorindicator=54,55

If this is all correct, there's an error in the route file.

If you have to open the doors yourself, make sure you're pressing the correct key... Cool
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:53 am

If the errors\problems you listed only apply to specific routes, but the things work on other ones it is almost certainly down to the coding of that particular developers route. Either learn enough code (see 'knowledge section' for info sources) to clean up the mess or pick a route that's properly made with attention to detail.
Of course you shouldn't need to do this at all, but the quality of some releases can be a bit, how shall I put it, "variable" !! Razz
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Sorry about digging up this slightly older thread, but my problems were never fully solved. Look back at numbers 1 and 2 as i have still been unable to fix those issues.

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:50 pm

You don't say which routes? I do not run LU routes myself, so I have none to find fault with. However, the door opening side is an instruction in the station command of the route file, so perhaps it is wrongly defined. I've done it myself, though it has always been corrected before the route was released.
"Boarding completed" is displayed at the departure time, it is also a part of station command. Departure time should be after arrival time (stating the obvious). If waiting time is short and train is late there may well be virtually no real stopping time left. Timetabling needs to be realistically feasible and it's the route builder's responsibility to do that.
A full explanation of the station command is available in the documentation for developers on the website of Odakyufan, links elsewhere on this forum. I would not recommended you to change anything unless you understand what you are doing.

The decision for doors to be automatically or manually operated is in the train.dat file
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:56 pm

buckysam wrote:Hello,

I could use a little bit of help here. I seem to have some problems with some of my openBVE routes and I can't seem to fix them. I really hope that y'all can help me solve all of them. Here are the problems I am having:

1. On one route, whenever I stop at any station, other than the starting station, I get the message that says, "Boarding Complete" when the doors havn't opened and I also get points deducted for "Premature Departure".
  2. On another route, the doors open on the wrong side, away from the platform, at certian stations. It is a London Underground route where the doors are opened and closed manually and I have to open the doors on the wrong side in order for it to count as stopping at that station.

Ad 1) Could be a problem of the station setting. If you arrive late to the station, and the minimum boarding time at the station is incorrectly set (or set to "0"), this can easily happen. !In that case, it would be a mistake of the route author

Ad 2) Definitely incorrectly set in the route file, where in the ".sta" command the author sets which doorset (left vs. right) is to be opened in each station. The values are -1 for left doors, 0 or blank space if the train passes that station, 1 for opening right doors. Apparently it is mixed up.

Here's how ".sta" command works:

.Sta Station2; 12.3100;12.3200;;-1;;;;30;30;;0,
The semicolons are used to separate the individual attributes of the command, these are in the order

Station name; - the name of the station (appears on the jump to station list)
;arrival time; - in hours.minutesseconds ** note the syntax used **
;departure time; - also in hours.minutes seconds
;;pass alarm - NOT used in BVE 4, leave blank
;door opening side; - use -1 for the left, 1 for the right.
;signal at station; - IF there is a signal immediately after the station, 1 shows red, 0 green
;safety system; - NOT used in BVE 4, leave blank
;sound; - filename of sound played on arrival at station
;dwell time; - the minimum station dwell time in seconds
;loading factor; - how full the train is (0-250), values >100 may cause door problems
;train departing sound; - filename of sound played when departing the station
;timetable index, - denotes the timetable to be displayed in the cab (on pressing F3)

(taken form Dennis Lance's tutorial, all credits to him)
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:19 am

Thanks for the help. i managed to fix the doors opening on the wrong side, but the other issue, aparently the developer of the route was too lazy to specify the times for all of the stations so some stations dont have either an arrival or departure time. scratch What an idiot! And i dont even have a clue as to what the times are supposed to be. It is the TTC_YUS route. Anyone know the time table for the real-life route?

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:17 am

graymac wrote:The decision for doors to be automatically or manually operated is in the train.dat file

An easier way of changing this is with the Train Editor program Wink
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down