BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of help needed...(route building!)

3 posters

Go down

A little bit of help needed...(route building!) Empty A little bit of help needed...(route building!)

Post by BruceS Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Hello all,

Trying to build my first route without routebuilder (more details to follow...somtime in the future Wink ) but I have stumbled into abit of a issue. It's either I missed abit of the tutorial, it's not possible or there's a fix for this.

I've got abit that I want togo down (gradient). I have used pitch and the track goes down the gradient all fine. However, the ground below seems togo down in steps, abit like rice paddy feilds! - My question is, is there a way to set pitch of objects,ground,dikes...etc?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce. Smile

BruceS

Back to top Go down

A little bit of help needed...(route building!) Empty Re: A little bit of help needed...(route building!)

Post by graymac Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:53 pm

No. Ground(s) are adjusted by .height Dikes and walls are fixed to the rail, which if it is not the running rail is set relative TO the running rail using .rail i;x;y;t where i is index no; x +\- is right or left; y +\- is up or down and t is the railtype.

You need to construct your ground objects suitably to allow front and backface viewing not to appear like terraces, if that's what you want. That's the fun bit!!
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

A little bit of help needed...(route building!) Empty Re: A little bit of help needed...(route building!)

Post by busheyheath Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:32 pm

A well-known problem in BVE. You may use the .height command to rise above the surface. The result will look fine when you use a good dike or wall. But the program will not affect your train, even if it is climbing. Say, you want to divert your track and then cross over a road going downhill, you could use the pitch command together with height (you are level, but the (rail)road is going downhill) your train will behave as if it would go downhill itself!
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Do be sure to study THIS:
http://trainsimframework.org/develop/index2.html

I printed out a copy for myself to keep handy, and it's used all the time.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:57 am

Ok I will do! Thank you both for you help! Smile

Thanks,

Bruce.

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down