Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Go down

Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by theflyingoreo on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi all

Is there anyway to view what the warning/error messages are in the latest version of OpenBVE?

For example when I load my route up in game I get the 2 warning(s) on the top left. Is there anyway to find out in detail what the 2 warnings are? Doesn't really help me when trying to fix the problem.

Cheers

theflyingoreo

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-07-09
Location : Sydney Australia

http://www.facebook.com/sydneybve

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by graymac on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Do you get any warnings/errors in Routeviewer?
(I can't really comment on the latest version of OBVE as I'm not using it)
avatar
graymac

Posts : 1925
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : Co Mayo, Eire

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by LabRatAndy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:17 pm

see http://openbve.freeforums.org/where-is-my-userdata-directory-where-is-the-log-file-t2570.html or just use route viewer which still allows you to save the file to a place of your choice.

LabRatAndy

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by theflyingoreo on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Ah yes, I see it now.

Thanks for your help.

theflyingoreo

Posts : 99
Join date : 2011-07-09
Location : Sydney Australia

http://www.facebook.com/sydneybve

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by briga on Mon May 14, 2012 8:01 pm

LabRatAndy wrote:see http://openbve.freeforums.org/where-is-my-userdata-directory-where-is-the-log-file-t2570.html or just use route viewer which still allows you to save the file to a place of your choice.

The post above is unfortunately gone ..... I have a route that loads in openbve with 1 error but apparently none in route editor. How can I see the log of openbve or at least read the error?

Thanks

briga

Posts : 12
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by tof63 on Mon May 14, 2012 9:36 pm

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Dati applicazioni\openBVE\Settings\log.txt
This is for my system (Italian Windows XP).

If you have Windows XP too:
change Administrator with your Windows login username
change Dati applicazioni with your localized name for Application Data

If you have Windows Vista or Seven it's different:
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\OpenBVE\Settings\log.txt
change USER with your Windows login username
avatar
tof63

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-05-08
Location : Turin (Italy)

http://bve.altervista.org/index.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by graymac on Mon May 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Loading an old BVE2/4 route this evening gave me some errors. You should first see this:

[img] [/img]

Then if you choose to see the list it will appear:





You can read it on screen or print it out.

avatar
graymac

Posts : 1925
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : Co Mayo, Eire

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by tof63 on Mon May 14, 2012 9:51 pm

graymac wrote:You should first see this:...
Unfortunately this don't happen more with last versions (series 1.4...)
Probably you are still using a 1.2... version of openBVE.
avatar
tof63

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-05-08
Location : Turin (Italy)

http://bve.altervista.org/index.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by graymac on Mon May 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Yes, I am, 1.2.14.0 to be precise. Well, fancy dropping a perfectly useful feature from the last releases. That might be looked at if any more work is done to the program. I never installed the latest version as the one I have works perfectly well, I probably won't bother now!
avatar
graymac

Posts : 1925
Join date : 2011-08-28
Location : Co Mayo, Eire

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by Dexter on Tue May 15, 2012 7:18 am

graymac wrote:Yes, I am, 1.2.14.0 to be precise. Well, fancy dropping a perfectly useful feature from the last releases. That might be looked at if any more work is done to the program. I never installed the latest version as the one I have works perfectly well, I probably won't bother now!

I have them both "installed"... they can actually co-exist within neighboring folders. Wink
avatar
Dexter

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2011-07-08
Age : 32
Location : Brno, Czech republic

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by briga on Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 am

tof63 wrote:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Dati applicazioni\openBVE\Settings\log.txt
This is for my system (Italian Windows XP).

If you have Windows XP too:
change Administrator with your Windows login username
change Dati applicazioni with your localized name for Application Data

If you have Windows Vista or Seven it's different:
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\OpenBVE\Settings\log.txt
change USER with your Windows login username

Thanks (grazie).
I have managed to find the files and I share it for the benefit of the others.
In Linux (or at least in Ubuntu) it is located under:
/home/[youruser]/.config/OpenBve/Settings/log.txt

briga

Posts : 12
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by Dexter on Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 am

And out of curiosity - what was your error?
avatar
Dexter

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2011-07-08
Age : 32
Location : Brno, Czech republic

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by briga on Tue May 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Derryck wrote:And out of curiosity - what was your error?

Well actually my error is related to the train:

Code:
FileName contains illegal characters or is empty at line 110 in file Giochi/openbve/Train/Cl323 Unrefurb_openbve/sound.cfg

so that does not explain the alpha issue (I suppose you are relating it to the other post).

As soon as I have a spare half an hour I will set up an Ubuntu 11.10 VM and try the same files and see if that issue shows up.


briga

Posts : 12
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by Dexter on Tue May 15, 2012 1:39 pm

That relates to a sound name for certain plugin - the file name of it either uses unknown diacritics, or is missing completely, or there is slash/backslash issue or something of this kind...
avatar
Dexter

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2011-07-08
Age : 32
Location : Brno, Czech republic

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by laurentM on Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 pm

briga wrote:
Derryck wrote:And out of curiosity - what was your error?

Well actually my error is related to the train:

Code:
FileName contains illegal characters or is empty at line 110 in file Giochi/openbve/Train/Cl323 Unrefurb_openbve/sound.cfg

so that does not explain the alpha issue (I suppose you are relating it to the other post).

As soon as I have a spare half an hour I will set up an Ubuntu 11.10 VM and try the same files and see if that issue shows up.


Cl323 Unrefurb_openbve/sound.cfg line 110: On =
Try to comment this line -> ;On =

laurentM

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-05-09
Location : LYON

Back to top Go down

Re: Viewing Error and Warning Messages in OpenBVE

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum