BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpenBVE causing "Crazy" screen

2 posters

Go down

OpenBVE causing "Crazy" screen Empty OpenBVE causing "Crazy" screen

Post by EduardoS_94 Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:41 pm

Hi, I'm new here and I'm trying to play OpenBVE on my Mac.

I have an early-2011 13 inches i7 (2.7ghz) MBP, with 4gb of RAM and the Intel HD Graphics 3000 (384mb) running macOS 10.12.6. I'm trying to play OpenBVE but every time I launch a route the screen goes crazy (it shows white lines and bits of the app). I can hear the train sounds but the screen becomes unresponsive so I have to force reset. I downloaded the latest OpenBVE (1.10.0.1) and Mono Framework (6.12.0). I even tried downloading an older OpenBVE version (1.4.2) from 2014 but the app crashes whenever I try to open it.

I know I'm playing with an old laptop, but I used to play OpenBVE in this same laptop until 2015 (even using the same add-ons that I'm using now). Is there any way I could play OpenBVE?

EduardoS_94

Back to top Go down

OpenBVE causing "Crazy" screen Empty Re: OpenBVE causing "Crazy" screen

Post by leezer3 Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 pm

Only Mac I've got access to is running High Sierra, but does have Intel HD graphics.

This is currently working OK for me.
Try turning on the old renderer from options, which is the only thing I can immediately think of.

A screenshot might be useful.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by EduardoS_94 Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:55 pm

leezer3 wrote:Only Mac I've got access to is running High Sierra, but does have Intel HD graphics.

This is currently working OK for me.
Try turning on the old renderer from options, which is the only thing I can immediately think of.

A screenshot might be useful.
I'll try turning off the old renderer! Thanks.

As for the problem itself, it's hard to take a screenshot since the screen goes something like this: OpenBVE causing "Crazy" screen Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1RSauWyEc9KGh62MTrj6OxXS02t-2gGZ-EZMFjvoh-w&s

That picture it's very close to what I experience, even if I try to force quit the app the screen stays the same and I can still hear the train sounds. I know that 2011 MBPs tend to experience a failing GPU, but it happens on the 15' and 17' models which have two graphic components, mine's only got the Intel HD.

EduardoS_94

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 pm

OK, that picture is almost certainly a symptom of a dying graphics chip Sad

Easiest way is to find some other 3D app (free game? not sure what you've got) and see if that triggers it as well.

13 years is good going for a laptop though.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by EduardoS_94 Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 am

leezer3 wrote:OK, that picture is almost certainly a symptom of a dying graphics chip Sad

Easiest way is to find some other 3D app (free game? not sure what you've got) and see if that triggers it as well.

13 years is good going for a laptop though.

Unfortunately I don't have any other 3D games installed but I believe that you're right, the graphics chip might be going bad  Sad. I'll try replacing the thermal paste to see if it gets better.

EduardoS_94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down