BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Standard objects

3 posters

Go down

Standard objects Empty Standard objects

Post by ADbve Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:38 pm

I wonder, what if we have a standard object such as rails, pole and train platform that can everybody use for making a route, so if someone want to make a route but dont have a object to begin with it they can use object we provided. 

Because this object set as standard or a template this object must have a proper license as public domain or cc0.

Maybe we can also have a standard sound for trains like engine, running, horn, etc with same license as standard object.

ADbve

Midnight Express Ginga81 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Standard objects Empty Re: Standard objects

Post by Quork Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:19 am

Look at Dexter's homepage ;-) There's a set of standard objects begun over there. Sadly, the idea never seemed to take off. Most of the existing content developers prefer the appeal of completely individual, scratch-made assets - which is a) absolutely understandable and b) absolutely their and only their decision to make. This being said, I do have the impression over at LokSim3D, which does have a very extensive common library or better said a very liberal policy (most makers allow to reuse all assets they have created, unless they're expressively marked as route specific), that this facilitates both creation and entry into the topic; with a higher percentage of users becoming creators there.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:29 pm

I remember the original set of 'standard' objects used to be the Uchibo line objects from mackoy which were very common in a lot of Japanese routes in the BVE2 and BVE4 days. They are quite outdated though and some new common objects could be made. 

The New York BVE developers have a large library of standard objects specifically designed for creating New York Subway routes as well. 

However, I think that one problem is that, with developers from all over the world, it is difficult to make a set of common objects for the various different systems that exist around the world. 

But maybe there is a way and I hope there is. I would definitely say that object building takes up most of the time for building routes.
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down