BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curve/Spline object as guide for rails

Go down

Curve/Spline object as guide for rails Empty Curve/Spline object as guide for rails

Post by ADbve Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:34 pm

Hello

As we know making a route needs alot of time and patience, especially setting the tracks/rail for the player train.

We also know currently openbve routes is linear, linear i mean like we need to set the start position and end position, if we make a route like this:

(Start) Sta 1 》 Sta 2 》 Sta 3 (End)

We also need to make another route if we want to start from sta 3 and end at sta 1, also the complexity is increased if we want another feature as TFO.

So i propose we need to openbve to support curve/spline as guide for making rail for the trains.

The spline object only for shapeing the track, the rail object is separate csv/b3d/obj mesh that can we set our self.
The mesh repeated along spline object from start to end point.

The code should look like current Track.rail command.

The spline object can use .obj format because AFAIK obj format also support curve mesh not only polygonal mesh.

If this get implemented surely more people gonna make route for openbve.

Note: this idea pop in my mind when i realize a 3d modelling software like blender have an extension to open a satelite view and can import GIS data, and that data such as rails can be converted as curve or we can make the curve manually by tracing the satelite view.

ADbve

Back to top Go down