BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forced Red Signal Aspect at Stations

2 posters

Go down

Forced Red Signal Aspect at Stations Empty Forced Red Signal Aspect at Stations

Post by Locomotion Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:31 pm

Have just upgraded to version 1.8.4.0 on my Linux box, after many months away from openBVE, and noticed that the 'ForcedRedSignal' aspect parameter  is not working properly in the .sta command. It had been working previously to the update. My previous version was 1.8.2.3 so I guess something has changed in an interim version. At my starting station the aspect remains at red. At the next station I expect to see a red while approaching, but green is shown throughout. I have the ForcedRedSignal parameter set to 1 at both stations. Any ideas?

Locomotion

Back to top Go down

Forced Red Signal Aspect at Stations Empty Re: Forced Red Signal Aspect at Stations

Post by leezer3 Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:07 pm

Not aware of anything having changed regarding signalling / forced red signals.
Can't see anything in the changes either that looks suspicious immediately.

Only thing that immediately comes to mind is this:
https://github.com/leezer3/OpenBVE/wiki/Errata#station-stop-selection
This may in some cases move the default selected stop position, and if this is in a different signalling section, it *could* produce the behaviour you describe.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Forced Red Signal Aspect at Stations Empty Re: Forced Red Signal Aspect at Stations

Post by Locomotion Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:49 am

Thanks for the tip, I did wonder if that might be a possible cause. I've tried making a few adjustments to the start and stop positions, and number of cars, but have not managed to solve the problem so far.

As a test I reverted my system back to 1.8.2.3, and found everything worked. Updated to 1.8.3.2, everything still worked. Update to 1.8.4.0, signal failure.

The test train I have been using is the Class 170 DMU from 'trainsimcentral.co.uk', but with the UKSpt.dll file replaced with UkTrainSys.dll to make the ats work on Linux. So is there some incompatibility between 1.8.4.0 and UkTrainSys.dll on Linux?

Locomotion

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:51 pm

Shouldn't be any incompatabilities, quite the opposite in fact.
A couple of features might be missing, but nothing fundamental.

UKTrainsys isn't perfect, but AFAIK it can have no effect on the signalling.

Will take a look and see if I can see anything.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotion Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:37 pm

I have just upgraded to 1.8.4.3 and find the problem is fixed, thank you!

I guess the fix was probably that noted in 1.8.4.2, 'Fix: Signal objects using a cloned prototype could be incorrectly animated.'

Locomotion

Northern Line and Gothpaladinus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down