BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The train plugin OS_SZ_Ats1.dll failed to load

2 posters

Go down

The train plugin OS_SZ_Ats1.dll failed to load Empty The train plugin OS_SZ_Ats1.dll failed to load

Post by fas Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:38 pm

Hello.
I've recently updated my pc from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but I am no more able to use the italian plugin "OS_SZ_Ats1.dll".

I've found only this generic message into the log file:
Code:
The train plugin OS_SZ_Ats1.dll failed to load.

I'm using the last available version of OpenBVE (1.8.3.2 Stable) and I've no problem to load other types of plug-in (e.g. OS_Ats1 or UKSpt.dll).

Could you please help me to solve the problem?
I remain at your disposal for any further information.
Thank you in advance.

fas

Back to top Go down

The train plugin OS_SZ_Ats1.dll failed to load Empty Re: The train plugin OS_SZ_Ats1.dll failed to load

Post by leezer3 Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:04 am

The short answer is that OS_ATS and OS_SZ_ATS are simply unreliable under modern PCs.
If the train isn't using any of the Italian safety features, then BVEC_ATS may be a drop-in replacement.
I abandoned (well stopped majorly working on this) when I ended up working on the main sim itself.....

https://github.com/leezer3/OpenBVE/files/8322964/BVEC_ATS.zip
That's the most recent built version. It's actually got a (mostly IIRC) working implementation of OS_SZ_ATS in there, but I never got quite as far as trying to properly test / debug things.

TLDR:
These were originally built / compiled under Windows 98 (that long ago....), using the then current version of Bloodshed Dev C++ which was non-standard at that point, and is now ancient abandoned history.
Something in the way they were compiled means that if the base address space of the DLL is too high within memory (assigned pretty much randomly by Windows, but obviously never a problem when you were dealing with 32mb or so max RAM), we get an out of bounds memory access and the entire thing crashes.

Most of the things the older generation of plugins do are for that matter totally inappropriate, or just plain bodged, which is half the reason I stopped thinking about this.....
Traction modelling (for example) should be done within the game itself, not via a frankly poor control over a set of virtual notches Smile
Some of this has been implemented, some hasn't, and unfortunately at the end of the day it's basically only me interested in working on the main code........

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Gothpaladinus and fas like this post

Back to top Go down

The train plugin OS_SZ_Ats1.dll failed to load Empty Re: The train plugin OS_SZ_Ats1.dll failed to load

Post by fas Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:54 pm

Thank you for your articulate explanation and the effort you are putting into continuing the development of this simulator.

I am interested in using this .dll specifically for the use of Italian security systems.

Unfortunately I am not experienced in progamming, but if I can help in any way please let me know (e.g. testing, description of the system to be simulated,...).
It would be very important to be able to make this plug-in work on current computers.

fas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down