BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmmsim Compatibility

4 posters

Go down

Hmmsim Compatibility Empty Hmmsim Compatibility

Post by Rakago Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:11 pm

In the latest update on Github, leezer3 added partial compatibility to the Hmmsim route format. So my question is: is this necessary? In my opinion we shouldn't focus on making the rest of the sims compatible with BVE since we don't need it. Who's gonna rip the Seoul Metro lines of the original Hmmsim game? Also, that would be kind of illegal since the game is PAYWARE, and it has *sort of* compatibility with BVE addons, althrough you gotta nerf them first and make texture files to .bmp format, etc. And also, I don't think Hmmsim deserves to be supported, since literally the entire community is full of un-authorised conversions of other people's hard work, and there are even some people who make MONEY ABOUT IT.
I think we should focus on fixing those little annoyances of the game itself, update some things, rather than making other sims compatible...
Rakago
Rakago

https://openbveiberia.blogspot.com/

SP1900 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hmmsim Compatibility Empty Re: Hmmsim Compatibility

Post by SmoIchopper Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:15 pm

I agree. I don't see any real need to cater for a format of a game that contains 2 base routes, the rest being 3rd party addons converted FROM OpenBVE anyways. Something doesn't seem right here, there is more need in fixing bugs and adding features.
SmoIchopper
SmoIchopper

Rakago likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:59 pm

Meh  Razz

It didn't take long to make some bits work, and it helps in the long run to look at the way it does things- Its formats are heavily derived from BVE (I'd strongly suspect its using OpenBVE source internally), and things like Patterns would probably be useful for developers.
There's other stuff being done too (BVE5 format imports etc), and all of this involves plenty of non visible internal work.

Either way, the source is publicly available, and you're welcome to contribute the features you want.
I do this in my spare time with no pay etc. & I think I've had about 3 people actually contribute any code, features and similar in the last 5 years.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Gothpaladinus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothpaladinus Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:07 pm

Rakago wrote:Also, that would be kind of illegal since the game is PAYWARE
Erm... The original Hmmsim (1.1) is actually freeware, and the payware Hmmsim 1.2 won't get any more updates because its engine, Project Anarchy is no longer developed/supported as Jemin himself stated on his own Naver blog. Just take a look at the two games' latest update dates... You realize that they aren't even officially compatible with newer versions of Android and iOS? Thus, treat them as no longer supported games, even if the 1.2 launched as a payware game.

Also, if you think about Hmmsim Metro, that's still an early access game and is yet being much further developed by Jemin on its own engine. So I think there won't be any kind of legal right questions from the part of Jemin - he solves the question himself with the development of his new WIP simulator Hmmsim Metro.
Gothpaladinus
Gothpaladinus

https://gothpaladinus.wixsite.com/gothpaladinusbve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down