BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot Load Extensions.cfg in ObjectViewer

5 posters

Go down

Cannot Load Extensions.cfg in ObjectViewer Empty Cannot Load Extensions.cfg in ObjectViewer

Post by SP1900 Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi it seems that since downloading one of the July nightly builds, I can't seem to load extenions.cfg in objectviewer anymore

I've tried installing a stable build (1.8.1.0), deleting the contents of the openBVE folder and installing a new  nightly build (yesterday's) in a new openBVE folder but nothing has changed. 

Is there something I'm missing?
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Cannot Load Extensions.cfg in ObjectViewer Empty Re: Cannot Load Extensions.cfg in ObjectViewer

Post by Midnight Express Ginga81 Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:14 pm

I think that you have to write what day of daily-build.
I checked at  OpenBVE-2021-08-13.zip, as shown, it works correctly.
(This ALFA-X is creating now)
Cannot Load Extensions.cfg in ObjectViewer Screen14

Midnight Express Ginga81

leezer3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cannot Load Extensions.cfg in ObjectViewer Empty Re: Cannot Load Extensions.cfg in ObjectViewer

Post by SP1900 Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:10 pm

I think it started when I first installed openBVE 1.8.1.0. And every subsequent build of openBVE has carried it on since. I'm not sure what I can do about it. I've tried deleting my openBVE folder in Program Files (x86) and reinstalling a new one but it hasn't seemed to work. Every nightly build has been affected by 1.8.1.0
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:11 pm

Absolutely agreed, not enough details yet. The daily builds definitely work for me at the minute.

Thoughts:
When selecting to load an extensions.cfg, we now fully parse the entire train. If you're missing the train.dat or something, this may well cause issues.
Which operating system? I'm *presuming* Windows, but presumption is a seriously dangerous thing.....
Presumably the train loads correctly in OpenBVE?

A link to the external in question might also prove helpful.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Midnight Express Ginga81 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:41 pm

Yes I use windows 10. Trains load fine in the game itself but does not seem to be the case for ObjectViewer.

I can't really link a specific train this happens with because this is happening with pretty much every train I own with an external view. These used to work fine in previous builds but unfortunately, I can't get them to work now. 

There's not much I can screenshot either because all that happens is that the default blank objectviewer remains after you select the desired extensions.cfg. 

Is there some sort of log file for the Objectviewer or something that I can show instead?

Are there also any other specific details that you want? I haven't touched my openBVE data in Appdata\Roaming so maybe there's something in there?
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:18 pm

The thing is that I can't find a broken one in my collection Razz

This means it's either at your end, or there's something different in the trains you're trying to load, hence my looking for an example I can try here.
Quick test set so far (All working):
Dinmore Manor
81xx
HST4_OpenBVE
cl57 005 Advenza Freight Scrap Steel Empty OPEN
MTR SIL C-train EMU-FAO
R68 2017

(Object Viewer doesn't produce a log as such if loading completely fails, or it doesn't recognise it as a train)

leezer3

Midnight Express Ginga81 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:30 pm

I believe it is definitely a problem my end since I talked to others and I seem to be the only one having this problem. 

I have actually tried deleting the entire openBVE folder and installing fresh but it doesn't affect. 

I guess I will have to completely erase BVE from my computer and try again

EDIT: I installed 1.8.0.3 and the extensions.cfg file worked in objectviewer. However, when I added 15/07/21 nightly build over the top it stopped working again. So I'm still not entirely sure what is going on
SP1900
SP1900

Midnight Express Ginga81 and SylvesterChevrolet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:58 pm

I have tried another clean reinstall, this time with version 1.8.1.0. I also attempted to load the BVE4trains Intercity HST and class 168. There is no lag when the extensions.cfg is selected, the screen remains on the default screen when objectviewer is first opened. 

If this is any help here's my setup:

openBVE version 1.8.1.0, I also tried with 29/08/2021 nightly build

RAM: 16GB
Processor: Intel i5-7300 2.5GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

There must be something that I am missing if I am the only person to have this issue with the newest builds of openBVE objectviewer. Maybe some dependency I am unaware of. I am unsure.
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Delsin Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:19 pm

I can't load extensions.cfg in the latest build too.
Win 8.1 and train has train.dat and everything else
Delsin
Delsin

SP1900, Rakago and BPI-919 Andris like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rakago Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:30 pm

Same happens to me Sad

I think it started happening when I updated to 1.8 and above, because with 1.7 this doesn't happen...
Rakago
Rakago

https://openbveiberia.blogspot.com/

SP1900 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:03 pm

Try the build from today.

I've done some playing with the train detection in Object Viewer, which will hopefully sort this.
(We have to be certain said file is actually part of a train, otherwise it can start loading random stuff if we drag in a file which is just co-incidentally in a train folder)

leezer3

SP1900 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down