BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transition Curves for Radius and Superelevation

2 posters

Go down

Transition Curves for Radius and Superelevation Empty Transition Curves for Radius and Superelevation

Post by SMB142J Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Currently openBVE doesn't seem to support transition curves, where the curve radii changes dynamically to allow the train to ease into the curve. Hope to see this feature someday where the train banks gently and eases itself into curves.

SMB142J

Back to top Go down

Transition Curves for Radius and Superelevation Empty Re: Transition Curves for Radius and Superelevation

Post by LXQt Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:01 pm

I am pretty sure superelevation is already a feature. (And it will ease in from one block to another as well)
Track.Curve RadiusCantInMillimeters
Where the CantInMillimeters represents the superelevation (or cant) in millimeters.

As for transition curve, I hope this will be a thing as well. Right now it's kinda annoying to add it
(When I mean add it, I just means using an larger radius curve, then slowly reduce the radius)
LXQt
LXQt

https://lx862.com

Back to top Go down

Transition Curves for Radius and Superelevation Empty Re: Transition Curves for Radius and Superelevation

Post by SMB142J Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:02 am

Yes the built-in cant is functional but the way it is triggered is extremely sudden and would be uncomfortable in real life. Was hoping it can be integrated with the transition rail so the rail will rise/lower along the length of the transition rail.

SMB142J

Back to top Go down

Post by LXQt Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:20 am

Is the program suppose to bend a rail object automatically depending on the curve, or would the user require to generate the curve?
An shorter block length would've probably solve this question, but I found the performance hurt a lot.

What I see other developers are doing now is to make an Excel tools to calculate the radius of the transition curve, then slowly increase the cant each 25m block. But then again I think it's more like a workaround(??)
LXQt
LXQt

https://lx862.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down