BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Sound

2 posters

Go down

No Sound Empty No Sound

Post by Raffles Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:32 pm

I upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04 last year and OpenBVE worked fine. I haven't used OpenBVE for a month or so and the other day I installed a new GPU (see the old and new in the link). 

Today I tried OpenBVE with the new GPU, but now there is no sound. Version 1.7.2.1 was installed. Then I installed version 1.7.2.4. I tried two different trains with both. I also tried CTRL M

Still no sound.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/GeForce-GTX-970-vs-GeForce-GTX-1060/2954vs3548
Raffles
Raffles

Back to top Go down

No Sound Empty Re: No Sound

Post by leezer3 Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:22 pm

I can't think of anything off the top of my head; I presume sound works elsewhere on the system?

Are you running the native version or emulated via WINE / similar?
Only remote thing I can think as of 1.7.2.0 we use OpenALSoft, as this allows more simultaneous sounds on Windows. This shouldn't be affecting Ubuntu though.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raffles Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:42 pm

leezer3 wrote:I can't think of anything off the top of my head; I presume sound works elsewhere on the system?

Are you running the native version or emulated via WINE / similar?
Only remote thing I can think as of 1.7.2.0 we use OpenALSoft, as this allows more simultaneous sounds on Windows. This shouldn't be affecting Ubuntu though.

Hi the native Linux version. The sound works elsewhere just fine. I have attached the log.txt file if it helps.
Attachments
No Sound Attachment
log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(5 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Raffles
Raffles

Back to top Go down

Post by Raffles Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:48 pm

Sorry for the reply a year later, but I have had a lot of distractions. I can confirm that the sound does work on some routes, so somewhere along the line the sound files for the affected routes or trains were moved, deleted or possibly the directory paths changed. I'm sure I will figure it out in due course.
Raffles
Raffles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down