BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

error shown, object declared twice??

2 posters

Go down

error shown, object declared twice?? Empty error shown, object declared twice??

Post by graymac Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:01 pm

This one's come up due to customer feedback, and seems to affect ALL cts routes with the exception of "Portarlington"  -  ie: pre 2018.
User reported blank sky in the "Ballyfeckin" route. Which has been going since 2016 without alteration or problems.
Now, as I almost never run my old stuff there will have been several program upgrades since these routes were launched, so I can't be certain at which point it crept in  -  could go back a good while.

Anyway, fired it up to see and found an error displayed. Checking all the other cts routes, all are affected except "Portarlington".
On the cts website I recommend using v 1.5.0.1 or newer (which I used when creating "Portarlington"
I have since been using v1.7.1.2, haven't got anything later installed.

OK, the affected routes load with this error:
Warning        The object with an index of 0 has been declared twice: The most recent declaration will be used.

I found an earlier program version on disk, v 1.4.3.0 and that version loaded all the programs without error (except for the destinations in "Portarlington" - too early.
So, something changed between v 1.4.3.0 and v1.5.0.1 to flag up the error.

I'm using win10 and getting the error, the user who tipped me the nod didn't say what OS he uses.

Any suggestions?
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

error shown, object declared twice?? Empty Re: error shown, object declared twice??

Post by leezer3 Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:08 pm

The error message is quite possibly a red herring here.

It means that you've declared (for example) FreeObject 0 twice in the object list, and is specifically warning that in this case the most recent (furthest down the file) will be used.

I can't immediately reproduce any missing backgrounds on Ballyfeckin-
Which exact routefile?

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

error shown, object declared twice?? Empty Re: error shown, object declared twice??

Post by graymac Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Taking the first route in the folder, Bally'f to Ballinamo 1A
Use v1.7.1.2  -  That loads with the Obj declared  error and the sky (background texture) missing
Use 1.4.3.0   -  That loads with 28 errors  !!!!   and the background texture is fine.

Its so long since I used the program, can't remember or find where the error logs are stored in the program folder.  I've been using route viewer to try and get the  info. 

And whatever the object is (see textfile "Structure G") there isn't a Freeobj with an index of 0   it has to be something else.

I don't understand why the whole body of work that's been released since 2015 with no complaints has gone "rogue".

Updated 14/11/2020 @ 18:44

Stephen Cross sent me msg:

Hiya, I get the same error with some of Alan Hudnot's WIP routes too. ie his Midland Mainline just will not load at all.

Stephen Cross sent Today at 18:42

This is the error for a route that once loaded and ran fine - The selected route is corrupt: WithTrack section missing.

Stephen Cross sent Today at 18:42

Texture.Background(13) Midland Main Line1\backgrounds\Back13.png with Track 7525 .ground 0 .back 0
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:00 pm

My poor head, just been digging through versions Razz

The blank sky (along with a bunch of other stuff) was fixed in 1.7.1.3
It's caused by not declaring a background in the first block, and background zero not being present IIRC, or something very close to that.

The duplicate object error also seems to have disappeared somewhere between 1.7.1.2 and current, so that must have been an error somehow.

I'd strongly reccommend 1.7.1.8 as a minimum, as this has the most current renderer changes (bugs fixed, and a heap better performance)

---

With the current version, you have the following 'real' issues:
Object\BWR-2015\bldgs\housing2.b3d

The MeshBuilder statement is missing from the final mesh.
In this case, the grass in question isn't rendered.

Custom Timetable Images:
These refer to the BWR-2012 folder.

Signals:
Some routes seem to refer to Signal 3 but this isn't in all the object files.
Typo I presume.

---

Stephen's issues:
Without seeing the file, I don't know off the top of my head.
That specific error is thrown when the map in the main menu fails to draw due to an infinite loop.
The *usual* cause of this is that there's only a single .Sta command in the route, but it could easily be something else.

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks Chris.  I can fix those issues and I will instal v1.7.1.8 as my  "working" version, and amend my website to reflect that recommendation.

Sorry I couldn't have flagged it up earlier, it was only reported to me this week and I seldom run the routes once they are finished  -  my only real interest being in the construction phase, I "abandon" my babies once they are walking.  Bad daddy!!
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:00 pm

No problem.

There will be a new version relatively soon (next couple of weeks maybe....)
1.7.2.0 is likely fine to recommend, but it's got a massive amount of internal changes, which make me a little less inclined to push it as the recommended version on someone else's site.

(Essentially, it's got the first incarnation of the shared route parser plugin, which in the next couple of versions will get us loading Mechanism stuff & beyond hopefully)

leezer3

Gothpaladinus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down