BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ability to disable Reduced Mode in Object Viewer

2 posters

Go down

The ability to disable Reduced Mode in Object Viewer Empty The ability to disable Reduced Mode in Object Viewer

Post by LXQt Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:25 am

After 3-4 seconds of inactivity in Object Viewer, it will start lagging(until you move the camera). I guess this is a intended feature to save resources, however it's annoying to keep moving the camera when previewing an animated object(esp when you want to record a video). In-Fact, reduced mode should be a toggle-able feature in the Object Viewer options. But I don't see it got mentioned anywhere in the documentation, or the program itself.
It would be appreciated if you could add this as an option in Object Viewer.

Also, "Enable hacks for buggy older content" should also be an options in both ObjectViewer and RouteViewer. Apparently, not many Hong Kong Developers are willing to switch from the duplicate day/night texture to SetEmissiveColor. While you can say it's their fault to continue using the "bug", it may be hard for them to adapt the change. Some developers even use RouteViewer to post update on their page, and the lighting ruined the post image.
LXQt
LXQt

https://lx862.com

Back to top Go down

The ability to disable Reduced Mode in Object Viewer Empty Re: The ability to disable Reduced Mode in Object Viewer

Post by leezer3 Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Easier to dump reduced mode altogether actually, which I've done in the latest build Smile
It wasn't doing much in the first place, and if it's causing issues like this it might as well go.

Hacks:
I'm not really likely to change this, sorry.
Whilst I'll endeavour to keep existing content running as designed in the main sim, please use an official, documented method for new content, and don't rely on a bug in prior builds.
This is *especially* important as we're moving slowly towards getting content from other programs available- When doing this, the engine must be internally consistant, as otherwise we end up with silly numbers of undocumented bits of behaviour depending on which exact object format we load and how.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The ability to disable Reduced Mode in Object Viewer Empty Re: The ability to disable Reduced Mode in Object Viewer

Post by LXQt Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Alright, thanks for the reply and understood why you don't want hacks to be a thing in Obj/RouteViewer.
LXQt
LXQt

https://lx862.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down