BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.animated sound limitations?

5 posters

Go down

.animated sound limitations? Empty .animated sound limitations?

Post by Delsin Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:23 pm

I tried adding sounds to bogie .animated file on a player's train, but it didn't work. Is this limited to TFO trains only? I'd love to have this for drivable trains, it can implement sounds unavailable thru standard features and plugins Very Happy
Delsin
Delsin

SylvesterChevrolet likes this post

Back to top Go down

.animated sound limitations? Empty Re: .animated sound limitations?

Post by Tony515 Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 am

I totally agree with this post. If you check bug reporting, you’ll see that [sound] only works with free objects and for some reason, they can’t move. It’d be perfect if it fits on trains, and that way I can get over the limitations of train.dat/xml sound.
Tony515
Tony515

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfV997Q6rT3AKS1Xom936Ew

SylvesterChevrolet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Delsin Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Returning to this since I keep finding more and more train applications where sound functions can provide a simple and elegant solution
Delsin
Delsin

Tony515 and SylvesterChevrolet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SylvesterChevrolet Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:22 pm

I think this is an exceptional concept. It could perform better than xmls without extra implementation needed. It's a case of making it (for lack of a better term) stick to the train and playing the sounds on the player's train. There is no reason why it shouldn't work already, just a small tweak your end and that's it.

I personally, am more than happy to wait for train editor compatibility. Because it means nobody loses out on legacy content and those who know their way around maths can just use .animated sound as is and make some amazing sounding trains in OpenBVE Very Happy
SylvesterChevrolet
SylvesterChevrolet

Tony515 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 1969 St. Louis R-40M Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Having the sounds in the .ANIMATED files of the train would be a great implementation, this would also allow the possibility to make mixed consists of different trains that have different propulsion sounds.
If it is possible to make a code that triggers the sound whenever the train is rolling on a curve, I would love to add those particular flange sounds when the train departs/stops on a curve like shown in this video I took during my last trip to Paris:

https://youtu.be/WJ4Y0KoxgLQ
1969 St. Louis R-40M
1969 St. Louis R-40M

Gothpaladinus, Tony515, NYCT_Railer and SylvesterChevrolet like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCT_Railer Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:27 am

Apart from trains, sounds with translation functions allow for interesting routre concepts aswell! I also been supporting this concept for some time Smile
NYCT_Railer
NYCT_Railer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down