BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED] How to use Saitek X52 throttle for power/brakes in OpenBVE?

2 posters

Go down

[SOLVED] How to use Saitek X52 throttle for power/brakes in OpenBVE? Empty [SOLVED] How to use Saitek X52 throttle for power/brakes in OpenBVE?

Post by Talkless Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi,

I have Saitek X52 joystick, and thought maybe I could use it for openBVE, instead of squiring RailDriver or similar (which I guess wouldn't even work on Linux..?).

I managed to (naively) configure positive/negative throttle axis for SINGLE_BREAK/SINGLE_POWER, but.. it does not work as a gradient, i.e. if I want to enable P4 level on one-handle train (like Class 323), I have to pull-and-recenter throttle joystick four times to change SINGLE_POWER to 4...

Is there a way to use "generic" joysticks with throttle handle to work like expected in real life, so break/power would change sequentially depending on how push/pull joytstick's throttle handle?

Thanks!

Last edited by Talkless on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Talkless

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] How to use Saitek X52 throttle for power/brakes in OpenBVE? Empty Re: [SOLVED] How to use Saitek X52 throttle for power/brakes in OpenBVE?

Post by leezer3 Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:43 am

Add a control.

Try these:
POWER_FULLAXIS
BRAKE_FULLAXIS
SINGLE_FULLAXIS

These allow the use of the full axis for them in the way you want.

POWER_HALFAXIS
BRAKE_HALFAXIS

Similar, but only half the axis.

Might need something that makes these a little more obvious with a joystick plugged in as it's a common question.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] How to use Saitek X52 throttle for power/brakes in OpenBVE? Empty Re: [SOLVED] How to use Saitek X52 throttle for power/brakes in OpenBVE?

Post by Talkless Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:50 pm

Thanks! It works!

I've setup POWER_FULLAXIS and BREAK_FULLAXIS on separate axis (there's small slider I will use for break axis) for two-hande trains, and SINGLE_FULLAXIS for single-handle train as Class 323.

Talkless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down