BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound.cfg ATS section configuration for default sounds

2 posters

Go down

Sound.cfg ATS section configuration for default sounds Empty Sound.cfg ATS section configuration for default sounds

Post by jpnmtrmn93 Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:07 am

What I am trying to do is use the default sounds (like Ding.wav, EB.wav, halt.wav, etc.). However, I am not sure what index is for which sound in the ATS section.

I tried using AtsPluginEditor, and it works for an old train I updated, but I also had to update the route with a ton of transponders (it was a full high speed route, about 400 km, so just imagine...). I want to get around updating the route this time, and not use AtsPluginEditor. Anyone have an idea of what indexes I should use to include these sounds?

(By the way, if it hasn't been posted here yet, here is AtsPluginEditor - documentation is in Japanese, and Google Translate is not that great)

jpnmtrmn93

Back to top Go down

Sound.cfg ATS section configuration for default sounds Empty Re: Sound.cfg ATS section configuration for default sounds

Post by leezer3 Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:58 am

The default ATS sounds are only loaded when using no custom plugin and no sound.cfg file.

The [ATS] section in the sound.cfg file is a totally different beast, and just allows developers to set an arbritrary number of sounds to be played when the plugin calls for the specific index.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sound.cfg ATS section configuration for default sounds Empty Re: Sound.cfg ATS section configuration for default sounds

Post by jpnmtrmn93 Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:26 am

Sorry, I should have said that the train has its own ATS/ATC default sounds. The built-in ATS plugin is what I would like to know more about. What indexes do I use for the default plugin (i.e. OpenBVE/Data/Plugins/OpenBveAts.dll), and what does each index map to? For example, which index is for the EB alarm, or for the ATC bell, or for the station stop sound (halt.wav)?

jpnmtrmn93

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:49 pm

They're hardcoded.
In the documentation somewhere under sound.cfg IIRC, but I can't link off the phone..

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by jpnmtrmn93 Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:51 am

I looked in sound.cfg and Default sounds, but I cannot find any indexes.

(EDIT) I was able to successfully test six indices. Here are my results.

[Ats]
0 = Ats.wav
1 = AtsCnt.wav
2 = Ding.wav
3 = ToATS.wav
4 = ToATC.wav
5 = Eb.wav

I am now only missing halt.wav. I made sure to check the train.dat file if the PassAlarm under #Device is 1 or 2, and I also made sure to check within a route file that the fourth variable in a Track.Sta statement is 1. I have not been able to find it as of yet. Looking at other trains, I am convinced that the index is 6, but it has not worked yet for me.

jpnmtrmn93

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 am

https://openbve-project.net/documentation/HTML/train_default_sounds.html

Looking in the code, halt.wav appears to be only ever used for trains without a sound.cfg

Today's build allows this to be set in the [Others] section of the sound.cfg as follows:
Code:
[Others]
Halt = halt.wav

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by jpnmtrmn93 Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Wow! I never saw that in the documentation! Must have just been added. Thanks for your help!

jpnmtrmn93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down