BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE

4 posters

Go down

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Empty MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE

Post by Terrence1946 Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 am

HELP!  Cannot successfully install the above installation, loads of files missing and many errors.  I believe I have installed everything in correct folders but I think that, once again, the object folder is the problem.  I went into BVE Lincolnshire which provides instructions for installing files but the crucial instructions are blocked by pictures!  I think the instructions concern the placing of the BR signalling folders which I placed in the object folder but, as I could not read the instructions (!), I'm not sure I have installed correctly.  Anyway below are 2 screenshots of my attempts to run the installation:

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Msl110
MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Msl210

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Empty Re: MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE

Post by SP1900 Tue May 01, 2018 10:52 am

Firstly. Where did you get the route? And secondly make sure you didn’t accidentally install the folder into another object folder
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrence1946 Tue May 01, 2018 11:13 am

BVE Lincolnshire and the BR signals from BVE Cornwall. Object folder went into its own folder in the Object file. I have four folders in the Midland Suburban Line object folder:

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Msl310

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue May 01, 2018 11:16 am

The route files are on this site:
http://www.bve-terminus.org/bve-lincolnshire/index.html

The files aren't in Package Management zip format so the program can't install them for you, you must  unpack them manually and put them in the Railway\folder sub folders named object; route; and sound.

These links to Anthony Bowden's site may help you find where you're going wrong. The general principles apply to all bve installations. Read and digest Very Happy :

http://www.railsimroutes.net/openbve/openbve_windows_1.php

http://www.railsimroutes.net/help.php
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Empty midland suburban line

Post by jckhinks Tue May 01, 2018 12:02 pm

hi it looks to that you should rename the objects folder to just midland suburban line thats what mine is and ive had no problems. check the route file tho and see what it says about the objects. hope that helps. jack
jckhinks
jckhinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrence1946 Tue May 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Sorry my friends, whatever I try to do, the result is the same. I have followed instructions to the letter and still no improvement.  Below I have 3 screenshots for perusal which you 'techies' will understand; the first is part of the log.txt (too big to upload on to this website) which refers to the 'Gospel Oak to Barking' part of the simulation.  You will note the terms "not found" (first screenshot) and "not loaded" (second screenshot) which are repeated throughout the whole log.txt. The third screenshot shows the 'Midland Suburban Line' object folder in the object folder of BVE. I don't know what all this indicates but it does seem to me that the 'object' file in the 'Midland Suburban Line' download is incomplete or corrupt.  BUT I'm an amateur and really don't know what is wrong!  What I do know is that I have been successful with other simulation downloads but this one has beaten me:

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Gb211

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Gb110

MIDLAND SUBURBAN LINE Gb310

Incidentally. I have downloaded this simulation on both BVE Wix.site and BVE Lincolnshire with the same results.

Terry.

Last edited by Terrence1946 on Wed May 02, 2018 7:48 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : ADDITIONAL INFORMATION)

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down