BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beijing Subway WIP

+2
Northern Line
Ski Tube
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beijing Subway WIP Empty Beijing Subway WIP

Post by Ski Tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:00 am

Since Jeffrey is involved in this project now, I think I might release it at some point as a verified download, some time in the future, near or far. Anyway, before I gave Jeffrey something to do, here's the progress. I've made two stocks, using exactly the same measurements, just different colours and different photos.
Beijing Subway WIP 17doorsareclosingthefro
This is the outside of the Line 8 stock, at Bullocks Flat Terminal, the first station of my Ski Tube Line.
Beijing Subway WIP 18handlesarenowavailabl
The inside of the Line 8 stock, featuring handles and end of seat decorations
Beijing Subway WIP 20changpinglinetrainatb
Changping Line train, using exactly the same measurements as the Line 8 train, stopped at Bondi Junction, the doors are there, they're just hidden because the doors are open (duh...)
So enjoy, meanwhile, as I've entered my exam period, I won't be doing much. Jeffrey will surely keep you updated on his progress of all the undercarriage work, including wheels and motors and whatever. Till then, see you after November.
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

http://skitubeprogress.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Beijing Subway WIP Empty Re: Beijing Subway WIP

Post by Northern Line Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 am

It looks epic!!! Razz Good Work Very Happy
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:51 pm

It does look appertising mate. But the doors do look a bit off, but its understandable because its a wip mate. Good luck! Not all of us developers are toffy!!
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:37 pm

mrknowitall wrote:But the doors do look a bit off......Not all of us developers are toffy!!

Didn't quite understand these two bits, please explain
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Your doors look bad and bring the overall train quality down, and we dont all shoot newbies down thinking where the best, a select few will catch my drift
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:37 am

mrknowitall wrote:Your doors look bad and bring the overall train quality down, and we dont all shoot newbies down thinking where the best, a select few will catch my drift

Hi mrknowitall. Skitube here has been developing for more than a year, he's great at making cool LED signals and this is only his first time on making a Japanese train with wongie helping him out. Try not to be too harsh on developers even if it is their first time, at least its showing it's progress and acheivement.

Regards
Northern Line
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 am

Northern Line wrote:
mrknowitall wrote:Your doors look bad and bring the overall train quality down, and we dont all shoot newbies down thinking where the best, a select few will catch my drift

Hi mrknowitall. Skitube here has been developing for more than a year, he's great at making cool LED signals and this is only his first time on making a Japanese train with wongie helping him out. Try not to be too harsh on developers even if it is their first time, at least its showing it's progress and acheivement.

Regards
Northern Line

CHINESE!!!
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:03 am

If you really think the doors are bad, why don't you give it a try? Unlike most trains in the world where the sides are straight, this train has a curved side. Why don't you go sit in front of your bloody computer and do all the maths for over an hour, trying to figure out where each vertex should be and what value each vertex should take, and after you've successfully done that, then come to me and comment on my screenshots.
The train will only be underground at the end of this year, the line will not have an above-ground section until the end of next year. You guys should be grateful that somebody is attempting to introduce something completely new, so do use language that are more polite, such as "you may need to work more on the doors" rather than saying something is crap. Regards
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:55 am

Ben, the forums are not only about someone catching your drift. The most important person should always be the one you are giving feedback to and therefore, if he does not understand what you are saying, you should try to explain in other POLITE words. Forgive me for being honest, but the word "crap" is not polite at all. Remember where Steve_Gr has ended with words like "crap" etc.? It would be a shame if another talented developer (and you surely are talented) ended up the same way.
Take into consideration that some people (me included) are foreigners to English language and might not understand all the expressions / phrases. I think that I can understand a lot, but that does not mean everyone does.
And Mr Skitube, you might also want to try to calm down - I understand you might feel offended, but you can also express that in another and less confrontational way.

I hope we have that cleared up.

FYI, There are a few important principles you should observe when giving feedback:
1) Hard on points, soft on people (do I have to explain?)
2) Direct speech
3) Being constructive
4) Provide reasoning

I would really be very grateful if everyone could give his / her feedback according to this basis, so that we can live with each other. It is my birthday next week and this would be a wonderful present.
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:06 am

mrknowitall wrote:It does look appertising mate. But the doors do look a bit off, but its understandable because its a wip mate. Good luck! Not all of us developers are toffy!!

this was saying your doors are below par to the rest of the train and need something done to make sure they dont stand out like a saw thumb from he whole train which the pictures he posted showed, in no way was i meant to be abusive or rude in what i put because my orriginal post was misunderstood i thought id go into detail about it. your aggressive reply will lead me to never post on any of your articles again because all you did was flare at me. and nor will i say sorry. i would have but the way you replied as if to say i have no work to show to back my comments up was very rude. and just so you know i have made doors mate. 9 faced doors with windows and the lot!!! and also was the first to properly make bi parting plug in doors! and unlike Steve the twat Thomas i was trying to help and support you and maybe give you help to stop your doors from sticking out like a saw thumb!!! and like my first reply stated we are not all like toffy!! which meant were not all like steve to shoot someone down. ffs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Hard on points, soft on people (do I have to explain?) - red
2) Direct speech - blue
3) Being constructive - cyan
4) Provide reasoning - dark red

this was saying your doors are below par to the rest of the train and need something done to make sure they dont stand out like a saw thumb from he whole train which the pictures he posted showed, in no way was i meant to be abusive or rude in what i put because my orriginal post was misunderstood i thought id go into detail about it. your aggressive reply will lead me to never post on any of your articles again because all you did was flare at me. and nor will i say sorry. i would have but the way you replied as if to say i have no work to show to back my comments up was very rude. and just so you know i have made doors mate. 9 faced doors with windows and the lot!!! and also was the first to properly make bi parting plug in doors! and unlike Steve the twat Thomas i was trying to help and support you and maybe give you help to stop your doors from sticking out like a saw thumb!!! and like my first reply stated we are not all like toffy!! which meant were not all like steve to shoot someone down. ffs.
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:41 am

Well, best wishes for next week, Derryck (even if its a bit early!!)

And while keeping criticisms constructive and polite, everybody, it is important that anyone who posts illustrations of work for others to see is willing to allow those others to comment. Please do take Derryck's advice (above) to mind when doing so, in the best interests of all concerned.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:32 pm

The doors stand out for a reason, it's because that's only the outer layer, didn't get to the inner layer. Now that I have got to the inner layer, I think it looks better.
Beijing Subway WIP 24innerlayerofthedoorno
Before you ask me why the sheep is there, I'll just put up another screenshot for your benefit.
Beijing Subway WIP 22tvonsubwayshowingthet
It's basically a TV showing the terminal of the train as well as the next stop. Being a government funded system, the government needs money, so of course there'll be plenty of advertisements.
The picture I chose is just a poster for a cartoon, but I think it works quite well.
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Before anybody asks me why I'm not developing the Changping Line stock (the pink one up there), the reason is simple, the two trains have almost exactly the same measurements and stuff, just different colour schemes. So I'll try to comprehensively develop my Line 8 stock, then just copy and paste. Simple...
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:35 pm

It is looking better, SkiTube, are you also going to utilize Normals in the future?
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Derryck wrote:It is looking better, SkiTube, are you also going to utilize Normals in the future?

Normals???
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Ski Tube wrote:Normals???
Like erm.. In AddVertex, you can enter up to 3 columns in BVE, but you can enter up to 6 columns in openBVE. This is called normals.
Now.. there are some people like SteveGR does not like using normals and there are some people like me who do like using normals.
Simply put, this makes the entire meshbuilder more smoother bascially achieve smooth toning without using so many meshbuilders.
Anthony Bowden wrote an article on this, this will help explain custom normals, and I think you should apply it to your train.

Besides, I have done some work on your Line 8 Train, I'm trying to extract some underframe textures,
and so far it's been difficult making it perfect. But I've been working to "tidy up" and made some "bugfixes".
This is what I've been working on so far, making the underframe.

Beijing Subway WIP Halfunderframe1
half_underframe_1.png

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:01 am

not sure what the extra 3 parameters mean...
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:57 am

Ski Tube wrote:not sure what the extra 3 parameters mean...
If you look at this article (http://railsimroutes.net/blog/?p=882), it will explain how to use the extra column.

Last edited by Wongie2009 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add active hyperlink.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Due to all the issues going on with this post, I've decided not to release any further screenshots. If you really want to see screenshots in the future, by my friend on facebook, and you can then see all my screenshots, or you can check out my blog, http://beijingditie.blogspot.com/, where you can comment, but I doubt I'll ever check the comments. So there are the two options.
I'm not sure if I would ever release the project now, perhaps I'll just mail the trains to my friends once I'm done. I will continue with my other WIPs, but depending on the time and resource I have, they may also go down the drain.
So until I finish my Beijing Subway stocks, Derryck, if you wouldn't mind, you may lock this post forever. Crying or Very sad
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Dont quit when the going gets though. The forums are here so you can ask for help. Normals are not hard to fathem out man. Even the acclaimed best uk developer steve says he doesnt understand tham hence why the projects on his site have no normals in site. I think you took on a mountain before you climed the curb if im honest. That railway is remote and noone around the bve scene goes or lives near there. Start with a small fun project like i did with my first train. A low detailed 222 and now ive made the 350 its come leaps and bounds. Stick with making something people really want. Withenogh resources to help you like a class 91/ dvt
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ski Tube Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:48 pm

mrknowitall wrote:Dont quit when the going gets though. The forums are here so you can ask for help. Normals are not hard to fathem out man. Even the acclaimed best uk developer steve says he doesnt understand tham hence why the projects on his site have no normals in site. I think you took on a mountain before you climed the curb if im honest. That railway is remote and noone around the bve scene goes or lives near there. Start with a small fun project like i did with my first train. A low detailed 222 and now ive made the 350 its come leaps and bounds. Stick with making something people really want. Withenogh resources to help you like a class 91/ dvt

1. It's not the normals that are bothering me, got plenty of help from Northern Line and Wongie
2. If you look at my signature, you'll know I've already started on a relatively simple project, in fact, quite a few
3. Beijing is my home town, and I could get plenty of photos from my friends, and in fact, so far, everything's based on photos
4. I'm just trying to introduce something into the community, something I'm extremely passionate about.
5. I want this forum locked for personal reasons.
Ski Tube
Ski Tube

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:57 am

I think there is no valid reason for locking this forum as it could be an interesting project. I don't feel like locking forums as per request; this way we would not get anywhere. Imagine that everybody would request one topic to be locked; we don't even have 200 topics now. A bit ridiculous, isn't it?
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:52 am

Derryck, it is possible a situation has arisen as did with the Xiaobitan Branch Line Down; you know, MIBs knocking on your door offering you a new career in salt-mining if you don't "cease and desist" from revealing "secrets to the enemy". It's not just the Yanks that are paranoid Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:55 am

If he has a valid reason for locking this one, I am sure I will be informed about that via pm. It is up to consideration really, anyone could say that there are personal reasons for this and that... we don't want the forums to change into a gallery of locked topics, do we? sunny
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:08 am

I agree with you Derryck.

Last edited by Derryck on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stop poking, be constructive...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next