BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the other games you play?

+2
Quork
Dexter
6 posters

Go down

What are the other games you play? Empty What are the other games you play?

Post by Dexter Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:42 am

Are there any other PC / XboX / PS games you play and would recommend to others? I am kind of a simulation player - I used to play various types of "Tycoon" games... and I also like to play Fifa. I have a channel on Youtube with my own videos of matches played.Smile 
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

What are the other games you play? Empty Re: What are the other games you play?

Post by Quork Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:12 am

Green means freeware. Underscore means games and simulations I presently play on a regular basis. Strike means games and simulations I never played myself.

Guild Wars 2 is a game I play myself.
Skyrim is a game I don't have, but I played it with my ex on her Xbox360. It's a brilliant game, no other way of putting it.
VegaStrike is an open source space simulation (space shooter would be more fitting on one hand, but on the other hand doesn't do justice as it's so much more) framework. It's a game for itself, but that's for demonstration purposes rather; its main purpose is to be a modding platform. Two useable mods I know are Privateer Remake and VegaTREK, the latter featuring music composed by me.
OpenTTD was originally an open source remake of Transport Tycoon Deluxe, but in the meantime it's so much more than a mere remake. There are others, like Simutrans, however OpenTTD is the most realistic one in my eyes.
Battle of Endor and Battle of Yavin are two unofficial, yet well done 2003 (there is an upgrade featuring way more detailed objects with higher resolved textures) Star Wars games by Bruneras, each reproducing a famous battle from the old Star Wars movies.
LokSim3D is a german railway simulator featuring mostly german, but also (very) few non-german routes. Roughly the same level as OpenBVE is.
Zusi 2 is a german railway simulator with very high realism in terms of operation and physics but very simplistic graphics.
Zusi 3 is the new, beta version of Zusi. Unsurpassed operational and physical correctness paired with great graphics.
Mechanik is an oldie, but goldie railway simulator from Poland.
Real Railway and Train Hobby offer nicely done video based railway simulators. The former one has online versions (with worse video resolution of course).
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:33 am

Quork wrote:OpenTTD was originally an open source remake of Transport Tycoon Deluxe, but in the meantime it's so much more than a mere remake. There are others, like Simutrans, however OpenTTD is the most realistic one in my eyes.
Real Railway and Train Hobby offer nicely done video based railway simulators. The former one has online versions (with worse video resolution of course).
I've played OpenTTD before, it's a pretty good game to play as well as real railway, which is a japanese online simulator. 

Some games I like to play:

Microsoft Flight Simulator: also known as FSX, is the 10th version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. It includes a graphics engine upgrade, having been marketed by Microsoft as the most important technological milestone in the series to date.
It is the first version in the flight simulator series to be released on DVD-ROM. It is also the first version in the series to feature a new type of electronic distribution prevention using license keys, removing the need for the user to insert the game disc into their computer in order to run the software. For best realism, you will need a good gaming pc with an i5 or 7 that you can overclock as well as a good graphics card. 

Train Simulator 2013: was released on 20 September 2012. It featured new menus including a new quick drive feature and a new community download centre by Steam called Steam Workshop where users can download new scenarios. It also features a 'Relay' mode allowing for users to exchange trains in the middle of an activity. For best realism, you will need a good gaming pc with an i5 or 7 that you can overclock as well as a good graphics card.

Euro Truck Simulator 2: is a vehicle simulation game and the sequel to Euro Truck Simulator created by SCS Software for Microsoft Windows and was released on October 19, 2012. Set in Europe, the player can drive across a depiction of Europe, visiting its cities, picking up a variety of cargos, and delivering them. I would recommend getting a joystick steering wheel with axis pedal as well as having a good gaming computer for best experience.  For best realism, you will need a good graphics card since the game is not CPU demanding.
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:17 pm

Northern Line wrote:Microsoft Flight Simulator: also known as FSX, is the 10th version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. It includes a graphics engine upgrade, having been marketed by Microsoft as the most important technological milestone in the series to date.
It is the first version in the flight simulator series to be released on DVD-ROM. It is also the first version in the series to feature a new type of electronic distribution prevention using license keys, removing the need for the user to insert the game disc into their computer in order to run the software. For best realism, you will need a good gaming pc with an i5 or 7 that you can overclock as well as a good graphics card
Oh, right, I totally forgot another one I used to play, years ago: FlightGear. Told to be more realistic in terms of physics than FSX. (Just like BVE [if parametrizied correctly], LokSim3D or Zusi are more realistic in any other term than graphics when compared to M$T$)
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I've played FlightGear, FSX, Railworks 3 and 4, and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I've also played a game called Locomotion. It's made by the same guy that created the Rollercoaster Tycoon series and is based off of transport tycoon. It's a fun little game. I haven't played it in a while though. But if you find it and like tycoon games, it's a good buy. And real railway.

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory! koshikii Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:15 am

Freeware, Free "lite" version available, Payware
Bve Trainsim 5, about which, by the way, I believe OpenBVE needs to focus on supporting that kind of maps than incrementing its own system
Prison Architect, in which you build and run a prison, and if you'd like, you try to escape from it
BeamNG.Drive, super spec heavy but super realistic car simulation software
Minetest, FLOSS clone of Minecraft, but has its own charm
Chris Sawyer's RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 and Locomotion, were big parties in my childhood, can't recommend them enough
Hmmsim, BVE 2, or better yet, nostalgia in a pocket, basically
TrainDriveATS2, realistic entire-network train simulator for iOS
STATION - Train Crowd Simulation, a "Candy Crush Game" of trains, if you will (iOS)

They call me weird for liking japanese trains a bit too much, but I should call them weird because they freak out over "under represented minorities" and how "men are controlling the patriarchy in some way they can't even notice".

Glory! koshikii

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Glory! koshikii wrote:They call me weird for liking japanese trains a bit too much, but I should call them weird because they freak out over "under represented minorities" and how "men are controlling the patriarchy in some way they can't even notice".

i don't blame you, I do like driving Japanese Routes a lot and am chasing up on Newly released stuff, if only I could read Japanese :/
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory! koshikii Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Northern Line wrote:
Glory! koshikii wrote:They call me weird for liking japanese trains a bit too much, but I should call them weird because they freak out over "under represented minorities" and how "men are controlling the patriarchy in some way they can't even notice".

i don't blame you, I do like driving Japanese Routes a lot and am chasing up on Newly released stuff, if only I could read Japanese :/
Worry not, my friend! There are tons of sites? apps? people? trying to teach you Japanese online, I myself use Tagaini Jisho (FLOSS, dictionary + kanji lookup) on my desktop and Imi wa? (Free, iOS, dictionary + kanji lookup) and Human Japanese (the main thing, iOS, both intro and intermediate US$ 10 (bundle only US$14) lite versions available) In my opinion these are pretty darn good Very Happy though to really master Nihongo, you have a long way to go, buddy. 元気でね、楽しんでください!

Glory! koshikii

Back to top Go down

What are the other games you play? Empty Microsoft Flight Simulator

Post by Virgintrains61 Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Quork wrote:
Northern Line wrote:Microsoft Flight Simulator: also known as FSX, is the 10th version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. It includes a graphics engine upgrade, having been marketed by Microsoft as the most important technological milestone in the series to date.
It is the first version in the flight simulator series to be released on DVD-ROM. It is also the first version in the series to feature a new type of electronic distribution prevention using license keys, removing the need for the user to insert the game disc into their computer in order to run the software. For best realism, you will need a good gaming pc with an i5 or 7 that you can overclock as well as a good graphics card
Oh, right, I totally forgot another one I used to play, years ago: FlightGear. Told to be more realistic in terms of physics than FSX. (Just like BVE [if parametrizied correctly], LokSim3D or Zusi are more realistic in any other term than graphics when compared to M$T$)
Well now Microsoft have sold FSX to Dovetail Games so now you have FSX Steam Edition. There is news about Dovetail Games Flight Simulator coming soon. Said to be better but we'll see.

Virgintrains61

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down