BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Network

+6
pedned
graymac
busheyheath
Neil
Dexter
BruceS
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Northern Network Empty Northern Network

Post by BruceS Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Northern Network Nnlogo

Background/Details:

Inspired by Network West Midlands, this route is set somewhere in North West England. I hope to include a wide range of lines, such as branch lines to electrified routes.

Bearing in mind this is my first route (with the exception of a odd project I never finished in routebulder due to a laptop crash), it will take lots of time to finish. Alot of the objects from this route are from Network West Midlands and eezypeazy's website. I hope to make some of my own objects too, when I learn that, however I hope there's a way to convert form sketchup to a b3d in the meantime!

Anyways, the first bit of this network I will build is a branch line. I'm not to sure about what to call it, however I will think of a name soon! Here are some pictures of the first station (made with the help of platform generator and sign generator), Leeming Hill.

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-18%2013-33-16-74

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-18%2013-34-37-69

As you can see, its far from complete! I have yet to sort out the back of the station, plant more fields and build some nice stone cottages to replace the current houses that to me feel rather out-of-place. I am also very tempted to build some stone walls, so I should defiantly be taking my camera for a walk when the weather improves! Anyways, please leave a comment and feel free to suggest things and I will welcome constructive criticism.

Thank you very much,

Bruce. Very Happy

Last edited by BruceS on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Northern Network Empty Re: Northern Network

Post by Dexter Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Maybe you can make a poll on the route name...

And it is good to see a new promising project being born! Don't hesitate to as questions, if you need advice.

(Is that a sheep?)
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Derryck wrote:Maybe you can make a poll on the route name...

And it is good to see a new promising project being born! Don't hesitate to as questions, if you need advice.

(Is that a sheep?)

Thank you, and yes that is s sheep-like-creature! I think a poll is actually quite a good idea... Wink

Thanks,

Bruce. Smile

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Its looking great so far, good luck!
Neil
Neil

http://neilsrandomstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Good start!
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:02 pm

You can often find stone wall pics etc on google images. Not that a walk in the country is to be avoided, quite the reverse! The more you pracise obj building the faster you will become at knocking out the large number of objs needed. I think my Ballyfeckin "with track" index is currently numbering in the range of .Freeobj (1500) and rising, not counting rails, dikes, walls and grounds.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Northern Network Nnlogo
Thank you all for your very very very kind comments, I feel quite motivated now! Very Happy

I have started now to try and build a more ideal house for the little housing area behind the station, but that will definatly not be complete till tommorrow! In the meantime, I found a stone wall, some trees,a car park and a set of buffers....and got to work. Having moved every object forward by 100m, I now have more that sufficant space to finish the station area! Smile I also set about extending that fence to get rid of some massive grass object thing that was really irritating me and OpenBVE.

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-18%2018-11-28-31

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-18%2018-11-50-19

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-18%2018-12-14-40

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-18%2018-12-19-73

Thanks,

Bruce. Smile

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes, it's coming together. And you will get a lot of enjoyment in the process. Never give up Very Happy
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Nice trees, where were those found?
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:51 pm

BruceS wrote:

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-18%2013-33-16-74

Based upon Leeming Bar on the Wenslydale Railway by any chance?

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:54 pm

i think this is wonderful, i never usually back new comers on routes ETC, but you have my full rolling stock backing on this mate! both my 158 and 156 would really suite this Smile and i can always be given ideas for any new rolling stock Smile

mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:57 pm

mrknowitall wrote:i think this is wonderful, i never usually back new comers on routes ETC, but you have my full rolling stock backing on this mate! both my 158 and 156 would really suite this Smile and i can always be given ideas for any new rolling stock Smile

Maybe a railtour and/or line testing diagram for the class 31? Laughing

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Wink if that's whats needed, then that might be made Smile
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Very impressed, Bruce - can't recall seeing the diagonal platform fencing on any other route, but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong...! Look forward to seeing you progress with this.

Cheers,

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:36 am

graymac wrote:Yes, it's coming together. And you will get a lot of enjoyment in the process. Never give up Very Happy

It is very enjoying...! I don't think im giving up this far into the process.

Derryck wrote:Nice trees, where were those found?

Somwhere in the NWM folder.

pedned wrote:

Based upon Leeming Bar on the Wenslydale Railway by any chance?

Suprisingly not! It wasn't even ment tobe there...! - I completly forgot Leeming Bar existed! Laughing

mrknowitall wrote:i think this is wonderful, i never usually back new comers on routes ETC, but you have my full rolling stock backing on this mate! both my 158 and 156 would really suite this Smile and i can always be given ideas for any new rolling stock Smile

Shocked ! - Yay! Very Happy - Well the completle list of stock will be somthing like; 142,144 (is there one?),150,153,155,156,158,185,220/221,321/322,323,333 (would be nice if sombody made that Razz ) and 350 (to run the 333 diagrams cause there's no 333).

To narrow it down into services:

142,144 & 153 - Northern Rail short stopping/branchline services.
150,153,155 - Northern Rail long stopping services.
156,158 - Northern Rail semi-fast/express services.
185 & 350 - TPE Express services.
200 & 221 - XC Express services.
321,322,323,333,350 - Northern Rail electrified lines.

I might narrow it down even further into versions of the route now...!

pedned wrote:

Maybe a railtour and/or line testing diagram for the class 31? Laughing

Always after a Class 31....? Razz - We will see... Wink

johnsinden wrote:Very impressed, Bruce - can't recall seeing the diagonal platform fencing on any other route, but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong...! Look forward to seeing you progress with this.

Cheers,

John

Thank you! No, I don't think ive seen the diagonal fences either on other routes, so this might be a first! It might also give you all a clue as to who orginally built this route Wink .

____

Thanks all for your kind comments!

Bruce. Very Happy

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 am

The 333 is more or less done, i refuse to add any mesh detail as this was karlneil's mesh, i do have permission from him, because i let him have the bogies for his 332/322 ( the Heathrow express one )

Northern Network 11

Northern Network 10

and there is always time for a 31 Smile
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Ooo very nice! Very Happy - The Class 333 however doesn't look very smooth around the front... :/ ...but the Class 31 is spot on!
________

Also I started work on the cutting area after the station...

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-19%2013-47-38-02

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-19%2013-47-58-64

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-19%2013-48-16-61

I have yet to add further vegitation along the sides of the cutting, and that will be this afternoon/evening's task. Smile

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Like i say the 333 wont have a mesh edit because the gentleman who was making it with me past away last month mate =)

And your route looks stunning, i have a few proposals for you but i will send them when i get hone via pm!

Oncr again good luck!!

mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstageman Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:09 am

Bruce, this route is looking top notch! I can see this becoming a fantastic route to have in the sim alongside Network West Midlands. That is some very nice work there especially if you've never touched route building before! You should feel very inspired and motivated, it always feels very good to get such positive feedback when you are a developer. I wish you all the luck with your project and as I'm sure I speak for everyone else on this board, we look forward to your next update!

Regards

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:36 am

Tstageman wrote:Bruce, this route is looking top notch! I can see this becoming a fantastic route to have in the sim alongside Network West Midlands. That is some very nice work there especially if you've never touched route building before! You should feel very inspired and motivated, it always feels very good to get such positive feedback when you are a developer. I wish you all the luck with your project and as I'm sure I speak for everyone else on this board, we look forward to your next update!

Regards

Tom

Thank you very much Very Happy .

For people who like updates, expect one almost daily (apart from Sat/Sun and Thursdays) Wink .

Today I have spent the morning adding in some feilds, building an embankment and discovering roll on .freeobj! I'm very glad I found that feature....makes the feilds look smoother. Also back at the station I've moved the buffer abit and discovered a command to make it act like a buffer, .buffer.

Also been looking into the idea of animated things, along with sombody...

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-20%2007-25-25-32

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-20%2007-26-17-74

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-20%2007-26-38-82

Northern Network OpenBve%202012-04-20%2007-26-52-93

Thanks,

Bruce.

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstageman Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:42 am

Looks simply stunning Bruce, very much liking the look of this, more and more everytime you post some shots!! Yes, I have learnt most of the skills I now use in Open purely from trial and error, and of course various tutorials. And plus we have a very friendly community here so there is always someone on hand to help...

Anyway, time for me to head off to post one of these mind boggling questions in the help section!

Regards

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 am

I see the hand of Eezypeasy in it somewhere. The orange houses are a dead giveaway. Of course it is useful to use borrowed objects when learning to set out and code a route. You do need to work on your own items too as without originality you won't get the full pleasure of being able to say "I made that!"
It takes a lot of time, doesn't it? Very Happy Very Happy
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Tstageman wrote:Looks simply stunning Bruce, very much liking the look of this, more and more everytime you post some shots!! Yes, I have learnt most of the skills I now use in Open purely from trial and error, and of course various tutorials. And plus we have a very friendly community here so there is always someone on hand to help...

Anyway, time for me to head off to post one of these mind boggling questions in the help section!

Regards

Tom

Thanks, and yes I think this community is fanastic, it seems very helpful, encouraging and helpful. Smile

graymac wrote:I see the hand of Eezypeasy in it somewhere. The orange houses are a dead giveaway. Of course it is useful to use borrowed objects when learning to set out and code a route. You do need to work on your own items too as without originality you won't get the full pleasure of being able to say "I made that!"
It takes a lot of time, doesn't it? Very Happy Very Happy

You do know that only 2 of the objects are from Eezypeasy? Razz - The rest are from the old TSC Team, or tobe more specific the Network West Midalands folder...

The orange hoses i'd quite like to replace, however so far all my box buildings have proved tobe a total disaster, ending up in all kinds of shapes, and thats without the roof! Embarassed

Bruce.

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:03 pm

With a proper photo processor you can easily change the colour of those houses!
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1984 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Just thinking maybe one day there could be a small overlap between the north of nwm and this route?

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next