BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Door Interlock

+5
sstockfan
Adelante107
davidh21
thachieman350
9 posters

Go down

Door Interlock Empty Door Interlock

Post by thachieman350 Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi all

Just a small gripe about the 350 from bve4trainz regarding the amount of time it takes for you to receive the right-away from the guard after closing the doors, which regularly exceeds 25 seconds. Now I travel on these trains every morning on the way to school and I regularly see the guard close the doors and buzz the driver. Which takes about 5 - 8 seconds. This means I always leave and arrive the station 20-30 late which doesn't sound like much but I like to be on time. (just me being pedantic). Anyway I can fix this ?

Thanks Jesse.

thachieman350

Back to top Go down

Door Interlock Empty Re: Door Interlock

Post by davidh21 Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:05 am

I haven't go much experience yet but maybe on the TrainEditor in one of the properties you can edit the amount of delay time for the doors to close, hoped that helped
davidh21
davidh21

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelante107 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:00 am

thachieman350 wrote:Hi all

Just a small gripe about the 350 from bve4trainz regarding the amount of time it takes for you to receive the right-away from the guard after closing the doors, which regularly exceeds 25 seconds. Now I travel on these trains every morning on the way to school and I regularly see the guard close the doors and buzz the driver. Which takes about 5 - 8 seconds. This means I always leave and arrive the station 20-30 late which doesn't sound like much but I like to be on time. (just me being pedantic). Anyway I can fix this ?

Thanks Jesse.

With Grand Central and Northern Rail doors close 30 seconds before departure, some times it's around 10 seconds. 25 seconds is probably to get the door speed right as the speed the close at relates to the length of the sound file I think. If it bothers you that much then close the doors your self?
Adelante107
Adelante107

Back to top Go down

Post by thachieman350 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 am

Adelante107 wrote:

Thanks Jesse.

With Grand Central and Northern Rail doors close 30 seconds before departure, some times it's around 10 seconds. 25 seconds is probably to get the door speed right as the speed the close at relates to the length of the sound file I think. If it bothers you that much then close the doors your self?

The time it takes for the doors to close is fine I meant the time it takes for you to be given the door interlock light and the guards buzzer. If you know what I mean.

thachieman350

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Don't forget that Michelle programmed in people getting stuck in the doors, and the more loaded the train is, the more likely somebody will get stuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by sstockfan Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:42 pm

What's the point of that if you can't actually see the stuck people? (I'm not being rude to michelle)

confused

sstockfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Maybe she got stuck in the doors as a child and she remembers it well? The thing is that it slows the door operation down according to load factor and we don't know exactly by how much.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:37 pm

92220 wrote:Maybe she got stuck in the doors as a child and she remembers it well? The thing is that it slows the door operation down according to load factor and we don't know exactly by how much.

LEGEND!
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:27 am

Could even be that she always gets stuck in the doors. cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:02 am

Right. This topic is getting silly. If you can't play nicely, children, then the train will go back in the box and next time you will not have one with any doors at all.
Now, go and sit on the naughty step for five seconds.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:40 pm

OK so I just did a search on "Stuck in train door" and "Man dragged off platform after backside gets stuck in train door" has to be one of the most stupid.Shocked

A GERMAN man mooning at railway staff in a departing train got his trousers caught in a carriage door and ended up being dragged half naked along the platform, out of the station and on to the tracks.

So this is Michelle's announcement regarding this feature

Currently, for a passenger ratio of 100%, the chance per car that a passenger gets stuck is as little as 0.5%. With a train of 8 cars, the chance that at least one car has a stuck passenger then increases to about 3.9%, which is about once every 25 stations. By contrast, for a passenger ratio of 250%, the chance per car is about 19%, and for a train of 8 cars, the chance that at least one car has a stuck passenger is then about 82%, which is almost every station.

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Thu May 31, 2012 4:11 am

Thanks Jesse.
I'm going to say that its probably a problem with the safety system plugin. I had a similar problem with my class 390. What happened was i would be waiting at the station and i see the indicator at the bottom says the doors are closing, but i didnt hear them closing. Then after it said they were closed the sound would play but i couldnt leave because the door lights indicated the doors were open and my brake gage said the brakes were still applied when they wernt. Then after a while i would get the buzzer and I could go. I fixed the problem after I updated my safety system plugin and it never happened again. I got it from railsimroutes.com So, I suggest checking you safety system plugin.
92220 wrote:Don't forget that Michelle programmed in people getting stuck in the doors, and the more loaded the train is, the more likely somebody will get stuck.
That actally has happened to me a few times. I would be running a NYC subway route and I would hear the doors closing and after they were closed, the indicator would still say they were closing, so I hit the key to open the door and close it and it would close and I could continue on. I cant fully remember but I dont think I got points deducted when I did it. Smile

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Thu May 31, 2012 6:12 am

The UK___.dll plugins by Simon simulates "fake" doors closing in the plugin itself.In BVE4 without the door indicator and controls, this fake door feature allows you to feel like you are manually controlling the door and direction. The plugin door closing is activated by keypresses, or the "Door Closed" command sent by openBVE to the plugin.

I hope I didn't make that too complex.

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down