BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class 108 DMU Brake Problem

2 posters

Go down

Class 108 DMU Brake Problem Empty Class 108 DMU Brake Problem

Post by FrostyPhil Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:04 pm

Hi has any one recently driven The class 104/108 DMU hosted by BVE Cornwall or the CIE2600 hosted by CelticTrainSim. I am having problems with the vacuum brake. When setting the brake to service the vacuum drops to zero going back to lap does not stop the vacuum dropping to zero. If go from full service to release then back to lap I can hold the vacuum at a mid point as the vacuum rises. This doesn't seem right, It's very difficult to get a nice stop  Also the gear box seems to be always in automatic. Pressing "2" operates a switch and a lamp but nothing else.

FrostyPhil

Back to top Go down

Class 108 DMU Brake Problem Empty Re: Class 108 DMU Brake Problem

Post by leezer3 Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:48 pm

Hmm...

The gear change seems to be my fault- The key assignment is different to that in the readme Sad
When these were uploaded to my site, the plugin was replaced with BVEC_ATS, as this runs on Linux.

The current key to toggle automatic gears is DELETE (Assuming default keyconfig, A2  if you've set this otherwise)
[This is the default OS_ATS key, and I obviously hadn't noticed Steve had customised these]

I'll have to test the vaccum behaviour in more detail and see whether something has gone wrong, as there are a bunch of things in the train.dat which might affect that.
Haven't gone near brake systems in an awful long time though, which is somewhat concerning....

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostyPhil Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:12 pm

Hi Leezer3 

Thanks for that about the gear change, I will give it a try. With regard to the vacuum brake. I was thinking it may be something to do with the fact that the needle travels in the reverse direction in the vacuum gauge of the class 104/108. Perhaps something has to be reversed in the code.

FrostyPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostyPhil Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:34 pm

Hi 
I have checked the gear controls on the class 104/108 They are now using "G" and "ctrl+G" to change up and down gear. The power leaver must be in neutral for this to happen. Otherwise the gears change automatically. The automatic/manual switch button "2" has no effect on the operation of the gear box. One of the Class 104 in the download "DMU 4 car Green" doesn't function the rest are ok

FrostyPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down