BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

2 posters

Go down

Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software Empty Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

Post by sswcharlie Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:16 am

Hi
Originally had this post in the 'Newbie's Shelter'.    Did not get any response, now trying here.  Thanks for your patience.

Brand newbie.

Have downloaded BVE from here:     https://openbve-project.net/download/     The Ubuntu .Deb file

Loads ok, but I get to the screen  and nothing working.  Shows 2 panels:   Route Selection: Train   and Train Selection:  BR 323

Should I be able to run:    Train with the loco    BR 323  or do I have to do something first.

Cannot find noobie tutorial to run my first train.

Need a little help to get me up and running.  

Next step is for a US Amtrak route  with Amtrak train.   Any links to where I find, and instructions to add to my BVE.

Thankyou

Charles Harris

sswcharlie

Back to top Go down

Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software Empty Re: Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

Post by Quork Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:01 am

Hi Charles,

sorry, the forums tend to be quite quiet around the holidays. You have to download both routes and vehicles. A good start with good installation instructions would be celtictrainsim.com - the sim ships with zero content, so there is no out-of-the-box starting experience. You need some add ons. Whether there are Amtrak routes or trains, I cannot tell. The only US stuff I'm aware off are some underground networks (New York and I think something else), but I've never actively sought for US content, so …
Quork
Quork

Gothpaladinus and sswcharlie like this post

Back to top Go down

Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software Empty Re: Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

Post by sswcharlie Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:36 am

Hi Quork
Thanks for your message. Appreciated.  Made some progress.
I now have the package for Train downloaded and unzipped.

In BVE I go to Install package, then Select from my folder for unzipped, comes up with folder for    723_IE and when I open that it comes up with a lot of files.  See attached (I hope).      Which file do I select from the list ?
Have a great week
Charles
 Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software Bve210

sswcharlie

sswcharlie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:24 am

Oh you don't unzip the package =D Go to the package installation tab of OpenBVE and select the zip archive you downloaded.
Quork
Quork

Gothpaladinus and sswcharlie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sswcharlie Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:59 am

Thanks got that done.  Showing up some trains and routes in installed packages.   Hpw do I now  select a route and train to run.  Have tried several ways but no success.  Thankyou

Charles

sswcharlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:42 pm

You select a route in the route section and a train in the train section and hit "run". What do you mean by "no success", nothing happens or is there some error or what is the exact problem?
Quork
Quork

Gothpaladinus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down