BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thameslink

3 posters

Go down

Thameslink Empty Thameslink

Post by SS1 Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:38 pm

Greetings

I have been a lurker on here and dabbled in route and object building for the last twelve years but have never took the plunge and started a new route from inception.

I am currently working on the Thameslink route, in particular a run on the slow lines from St Albans , through “the core” and ending up at Sutton. I have chosen this particular section as it gives a decent chunk for the player and there is scope to extend the line further back north for high speed runs and diverge south to Moorgate and St Pancras High level. The priority is to get a present day era complete with class 700 followed by a First Capital Connect era run done with class 319.

So far

Track: All four lines (up and down, fast and slow tracks) curvature complete as far as Mill Hill. Point work and fine tuning required

Terrain : Mostly complete up to Radlett with work now carrying on up to Mill Hill

Gradients: I have sourced accurate gradient maps and converted the distances to metric ready to be implemented into the route.

Stations: Platforms complete up to Mill Hill

Structures: Bridges are in all necessary locations as placeholder objects until custom building commences. St Albans platform structures are also placeholders for now, no other station buildings currently built

The plan is to begin object building when a good template is ready, so far I have relied on Network West Midlands excellent library to use as placeholder and hope I have the developers blessing in this regard.

Thameslink Tl115
Our start point, St Albans Siding

Thameslink Tl215
Departing St Albans
Thameslink Tl315
Approaching A414

Last edited by SS1 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fix screenshots)
SS1
SS1

Back to top Go down

Thameslink Empty Re: Thameslink

Post by adstar Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:45 pm

That looks amazing

adstar

Back to top Go down

Post by SS1 Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:06 pm

Thameslink Tl411
Overview of Radlett

Thanks adstar  Very Happy 

Early days but a good base to lay some more interesting things!
SS1
SS1

Gothpaladinus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adstar Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:33 pm

I use to use Thameslink a lot, a few months ago I used to work at Blackfriars I would take the train to Finsbury park everyday 5 days a week. Sometimes on the weekend I would use the train as well to get into London. A very nice route.

adstar

SS1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Orton Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:52 pm

Excellent work - well done!

Orton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down