BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Barry Railway

+3
NoobDev.exe
leezer3
Movingmillion
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Barry Railway - Page 2 Empty Re: The Barry Railway

Post by SP1900 Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:56 pm

NoobDev.exe wrote:As this is not a mainline passenger depot, this won't be entirely possible either, however, I will be making a class 230 that goes one step further, and is available to drive, seeing as TFW is going to be replacing the pacers with the 230. This will happen, provided I can have access to a decent D stock model (hint, hint).

Aha!!!! I will get back to you on that once I have managed to regain contact with the guy I gave it to so he could finish it. Unfortuanately he’s kinda ignored me for some reason so I might just start again. I hope that won’t be of any inconvenience to you
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

The Barry Railway - Page 2 Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:22 pm

They did have to change the motor, to run on diesel. We don't have any form of electrification down here.

The fact that the D stock model will take a while doesn't matter. I knew it would, and I don't have the time at the moment to do it anyway. You take your time on it.  Very Happy
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:35 pm

I live in an area that will be operated by 230s, along with the new class 755 tri-mode trains. I live one stop down the line from Barry, so they will be operated through there, hence why I hope to have one of these.
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:45 pm

I've already tried conversions. The issue is that textures aren't currently readily available. They won't be able to be readily available for at least another few months.
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:05 pm

NoobDev.exe wrote:I've already tried conversions. The issue is that textures aren't currently readily available. They won't be able to be readily available for at least another few months.
Hopefully once these few months are done I’ll have a D stock bodyshell ready that you can use
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:10 am

I will mention though, that we are not due the class 230s until March or May 2019, so there is still a long time to wait before I can do it, but I could still try it. 

I do think we need a D stock anyway, because the one that we have now is pretty bad, for today's standards. I can't wait for your D stock model, it should be good.
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Life has slowed development down a bit at the moment, so I haven't had much time.

So what I have done is added some hedges for some of the route.
The Barry Railway - Page 2 Barry_11
This shot shows a class 101 (May change) at Gladstone Bridge Halt. The hedges can be seen to the right and to the left in the distance. The bridge has been built since the last update, along with Morrison's on the left.
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:19 pm

Since the last update, I have now put some larger bushes lining the track between the bridge and the yard. The yard has been detailed with a class 37 BR Blue, a class 66 EWS and a class 47 BR Blue. This part of the route is nearing a completed state.
The Barry Railway - Page 2 Openbv12
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Been working on the section between Cadoxton and Barry Docks today. This section of the line passes by the famous docks that made Barry a renowned port. The docks office has been completed, along with the road that goes alongside the railway. The docks entrance has been built as well. Next on the to-do list is some work on the bushes and some vehicles, alongside signage and a car park for Barry Docks station.
The Barry Railway - Page 2 Barry_10
This shows the docks entrance, along with the approach to Barry Docks station. In the distance, the docks office (the big red building) can be seen.

The Barry Railway - Page 2 Barry_11

This picture is taken in the opposite direction, towards Cadoxton. Cadoxton is the entrance to the dock siding (the rusty track in the middle).
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Yep, and still running at 60fps (In that section). Even through Barry Town, I am getting 31 fps!

Here's a picture of Barry station, including the yard and shed.The Barry Railway - Page 2 Barry_12
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Been working on some curved platforms (TrackGen). 

The Barry Railway - Page 2 Barry_13
Barry Docks, with new curved platforms.

I have also added the only tunnel on the route
The Barry Railway - Page 2 Barry_14
The only tunnel on the route, just outside Cogan station.

It is coming along nicely now!
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by ap1991 Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:06 am

This is looking very promising!
ap1991
ap1991

https://adamp19914.wixsite.com/bvecentral

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:50 am

Been working on the area around Eastbrook station. It is the only station on the line that was built from scratch in the 80s, and not a relocation. It also has very basic platform facilities, with a simple footbridge and no constant fill for the platform.

The only major thing missing here, is the houses. Most of these are 60s style semi-detached houses, but I don't have any models for them. If anybody could point out some models, or textures that I could use, that would be amazing!

The Barry Railway - Page 2 Openbv11
Eastbrook's very basic platform structure. It is not far off a wooden platform style, with a cobbled surface, instead of a wood one. The footbridge here is scratch built. Needed here is some houses, more trees and a fence between the road and railway.

The Barry Railway - Page 2 Openbv12

Here is the barrow crossing, which is the only way, by foot, that disabled people can use to cross the railway line, bar the brick arch bridge about 500m away. This is one of 4 barrow crossings on the lne, the only one of whcih is going to be modelled in this version (The other three are in Rhoose and between Llantwit and Bridgend, not modelled as of yet).

Hope you enjoy the screenshots!
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Most of these are 60s style semi-detached houses, but I don't have any models for them. If anybody could point out some models, or textures that I could use, that would be amazing!

How d'you think I made my Welsh route while sat on me arse across the Irish Sea?? Use Google street view to grab some base house textures which you can easily fix up. In fact, the terrace houses in the "Ballyfeckin" route as the train leaves Waterville are, in reality, from Cardiff!!
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 pm

I would go out and take pictures myself, seeing as I live a couple of miles away. However, I can't at the moment. Google street view and Google Earth is a good way to do it, as I did it for the Docks Office, it didn't cross my mind for the houses.

Thanks, that's really helped!
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:22 pm

The texture of the cobbled part of the platform makes me wonder. Are the cobblestones actually at an angle to the platform edge? Usually they're aligned, cause cutting them down is much work. Also I think it should be displayed at a smaller scale, at least they look like those used around here, and those are maybe 10*20cm in size.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 am

These are not the correct cobbles for the job, however. The cobbles on the platform are actually frilly and are smaller. The texture is actually taken from a road, hence why it is too big and slightly wrong. I am probably going to take a visit to the area soon to get some more textures.

The cobbles are indeed at a right angle, after some research. I was doing that bit from memory, because I remember it being angled. This picture shows what I mean. It is someone else's picture.
The Barry Railway - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTRZ3VKDgmdqFe5OzbYiCSC0ntByxP1mWLAvNQhakNM1EBqO8K
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next