BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding interchangeable destinations

3 posters

Go down

Adding interchangeable destinations  Empty Adding interchangeable destinations

Post by Tstageman Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Obviously the TSC LU 1995 for Open has interchangeable destinations on but I can't work out from that how to fit them/apply them to another type of stock, is it something thats fairly easy to do?

Thanks

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Adding interchangeable destinations  Empty Re: Adding interchangeable destinations

Post by graymac Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 pm

I can only speak from experience with my own Irish rail stock as I don't run "trains in drains", principles are the same though.
If a destination, headcode or loco number is part of a front/rear texture you change the texture accordingly and use it in another exterior object file.

It isalso possible to use .ANIMATED file format as a container for alternative objects.

Easy? Depends on you object building knowledge. If you don't know already, the answer is probably "No"
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Adding interchangeable destinations  Empty Re: Adding interchangeable destinations

Post by Tstageman Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Thanks Graymac, I'll have a look and see then, there just doesn't seem to be any where to look at as an example, of where the interchangeable destinations are scripted as it were, no like control file for them...thats what I was expecting to find in the folder. And yeah, just about getting my head around scratchbuilding objects and routes now, slowly but surely.

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:06 pm

its a simple principle for those who know how to code, But i do know how it is to start from scratch, As that is how i started.

Firstly open the .csv/.b3d file and find the front face ( and sides if needed) the best way to find this is look in the images and find the front face image, right click the rename and then control+c and then in the opened .csv/.b3d and click edit> find and then paste that in, it will now locate the selected createmeshbuilder and its texture co-ordinate 'd position. copy that and then the easiest way is to create a new folder inside the ext_view folder called what ever you wish ( Header/Locations etc...) inside this create a few .csvs named H1,H2,H3.csv etc... and paste what you copied from before. now copy the same front face image from which is used in the trains front face for the front carraige. now blue out all apart from the actual header and rename to what you like ( H1.csv > frontface1 (location1) , H2.csv > frontface2 (lacation2) etc...)

then create an .animated folder and put this.

Code:
[Object]
Position = 0, 0, 0
States = header1.csv,header2.csv
statefunction = Mod[value + pluginstate[20], 2]
RefreshRate = 6

or see here

https://bveworldwide.forumotion.com/t88-animated-files-here-s-the-info-you-need

and here

http://www.bve4trainz.co.uk/new-to-building-bve-trains
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum