BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Track Generator

2 posters

Go down

Track Generator Empty Track Generator

Post by Locomotion Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello again. After a false start on a Linux based system (about a year ago), I've put together a Windows 7 PC for my OpenBVE project. Having worked through Dennis Lance's excellent tutorials, and watched Dexter's well presented "Building with Dexter" video's, I've started on my own route project, Stratford to Honeybourne. I can see that there is a lot of work ahead ...  Smile 

I've managed to work out answers to many questions, but one or two have me puzzled. I've created my track work using Track Generator 1.6.2. Two of my turnouts needed to be 50m long. TG creates such objects with a "switch length multiplier", which I set to 2. The result looks very fine. But when these get added to the route they disappear as the view point  crosses them! i.e. they are visible as the train approaches, then vanish as the view point reaches 25m along. This happens in Route Viewer and also any OpenBVE version I've tried.

Any ideas for a solution?

Locomotion

Locomotion

Back to top Go down

Track Generator Empty Re: Track Generator

Post by leezer3 Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 am

You need to add the following code to the start of your route:
Code:
Options.ObjectVisibility 1;

0: Legacy: An object is made invisible as soon as the end of the block which it resides in has been passed by the camera. This does not work well when turning the camera around. Self-intersecting track (e.g. loops) is not possible.
1: Track-based: An object is made invisible as soon as its end has been passed by the camera. This is measured in track positions. Self-intersecting track (e.g. loops) is not possible.

Mode 0:
Let's assume you place your object at 150m. 
openBVE works in 25m blocks.
Thus, our points object will be 'disposed' (vanish) when the front of the train passes 175m.
Not good in this case!
Mode 1:
Again, place the object at 150m.
When the object is loaded, it's total length is measured.
This is 50m, so it is added to 150m to give a vanishing point of 200m.
This time, the object is out of view when it is disposed Smile

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotion Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:01 am

Thank you! That explains it.

I'm sure there will be more questions in future...

Locomotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down