BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello world from a long time lurker.

3 posters

Go down

Hello world from a long time lurker. Empty Hello world from a long time lurker.

Post by Glory! koshikii Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:36 am

Hello BWW,

TL;DR at bottom
I've been a lurker for quite some time, and only now that I've felt the wish to really communicate with other trainsimmers. Is that still a term? I feel like I have been the zero in the set of real numbers during all this time, and, I guess it's time for me to come out and talk to other people, so... You may notice that I speak a lot. That's because we're talking about trains and BVE and et cetera, otherwise I'd be shy. So yeah, just as a heads up.

Cutting a super long story short, I've met BVE all the way back in 2005, from a CD published by an internet service provider filled with small little freeware games (context: dial up at the time and where I lived) and in it there was this Boso View Express. That ignited my liking for trains, and I was only 7 at the time, and from that point on I've been playing Japanese routes (was that an obscure term?) British routes, the London Tube lines, et cetera. Making my own trains, mix mashing routes own my own and all. I've even went ahead to consult the Wayback Machine to get BVE 1 and play it (!!!) just to make my experience complete. OpenBVE came along and everybody loved the external cameras. But then 2011 came, mackoy released BVE 5, the japanese went back to that, and in 2012 pushed me out of my room and 2013 odakyufan had control over OpenBVE and then no more (2014) and then I was sad and then I went to play BVE 5! It's super dynamic developer wise but as strict as BVE 4, end-user wise. I now have trouble making routes for OpenBVE, even though i have about 10 years of experience. I've never published a single route or scenario and now that I've grown up, I'll change that and make my young self proud.
By the way, I have so many memories that if I created a topic for each one and detailed each one, I'd be banned for excessive text. (probably)

TL;DR met BVE as a kid in 2005, I've experienced everything but I was too shy to really do anything about, now it's the time.

I hope I can catch up with the news over here in the west and maybe make OpenBVE great again.
If you read the entire thing, thank you very much. It means a lot to me. If you read just the TL;DR, that's okay. Thank you anyways.
I hope I can make friends here, and I already feel warm inside even before posting this. You guys have been awesome all this time round, and the Bve family community has never ceased to impress me. *sniff* You guys rock. These have been some incredible eleven years of my life, and here's to many more.

Glory! koshikii

Back to top Go down

Hello world from a long time lurker. Empty Re: Hello world from a long time lurker.

Post by graymac Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Welcome to the party. I'm sure you could create route material for use with the OpenBVE program. It isn't greatly different to the older BVE4 coding. We need more routes, so please do join the (small) band of enthusiast who are still active on the scene.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Hello world from a long time lurker. Empty Re: Hello world from a long time lurker.

Post by ap1991 Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:13 am

Welcome! It's got to be coming up to 10 years since I discovered BVE... doesn't time fly!

Websites, developers and forums have come and gone but there is still a lot of commited and active developers, if you need any guidance or advice on developing, you've come to the right place.

All of my route building knowledge is BVE4 based, as gray said, Open BVE isn't much different.

Adam
ap1991
ap1991

https://adamp19914.wixsite.com/bvecentral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down