BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpenBVE release anti-aliasing comment

3 posters

Go down

OpenBVE release anti-aliasing comment Empty OpenBVE release anti-aliasing comment

Post by JimH Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:20 am

This submission is a continuation of the announcement of the openBVE release 1.4.3.2. Fearing I may be straying off topic, I post here!

Thanks for the advice Graymac/Quork. All taken on board. The openBVE version I was using prior to 1.4.3.2. was released two version ago. Sorry, don't know the release number but I installed it during 2012. It has worked perfectly for me since installation, so decided not to update, until now.

In both releases, I've set anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering at 16, transparency set at smooth and viewing distance at 1000 meters. My frame rates remain the same for both programmes at between 58-62 fps. The images on my old version are superior to the new release in that the track, on the bends, is not as well defined and it appears the anti-aliasing is working better on the old version. I've not noticed any flickering under bridges that you mention Graymac but the track images are slightly degraded on the new version, although everything else seems to be working okay.

I notice that under 'Options' in 1.4.3.2. that the transparency slider is partially covered by a small window labelled 'Time' which is set at default but has the options of day/night. I'm assuming the slider underneath is set at smooth! This is for info only. I'm happy to continue using my older version.

JimH

Back to top Go down

OpenBVE release anti-aliasing comment Empty Re: OpenBVE release anti-aliasing comment

Post by LabRatAndy Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:14 pm

Jim, I've also noticed that the time setting drop down covers the transparency slider, although only when maximised it's fine when in the "default" window size. This will be to do with the drop down not repositioning correctly for a maximised window.
I can't say I've noticed any graphical problems, but that said I've not really had a good look yet.
I also having looked at the source code don't think a great deal has been changed, as the vast majority of the files have a creation/modifiction date of 2012. Again I've not done a compareson so it is just a general feeling I get.

LabRatAndy

Back to top Go down

OpenBVE release anti-aliasing comment Empty Re: OpenBVE release anti-aliasing comment

Post by graymac Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:05 pm

I think my 1.4.3.0 has the edge still on screen quality. The framerates may be lower but they are not a problem.
I tried the "night" setting in the new rewrite. It seems as if it mainly works by substituting the defined background image with a night sky substitute (in the Data/Images folder in the program).
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down