BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class 175 for the Welsh route

+3
Dexter
mrknowitall
graymac
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Class 175 for the Welsh route - Page 2 Empty Re: Class 175 for the Welsh route

Post by graymac Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:24 am

I sometimes feel sad when I see how few of us are involved in creating material today. Looking in the "readme" and "credits" files of the trains we use (some are quite old now) there are many names who we don't see today.

Steve, whatever else you have to your credit, you're a survivor and you're still here. I hope you don't really feel like giving in now.  Wink
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Yeah Steve don't give up! And gray it's coming in nicely that exterior! Be a nice train once complete!
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by tonytrainsfree1 Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:43 pm

steve do not give up you are doing the best you can keep going we all like and enjoy the trains you make

tonytrainsfree1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 7:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:31 pm

First, I want to thank Steve Thomas, who posted the announcement of the 175 release in the proper place on here.
I loaded the files on the server last weekend, made the links live and then clean forgot to announce it either here or at the other place. I've been distracted by doing a lot of "headology" on 1600mm gauge track for Ballyfeckin, with much assistance from Chris Lees TrackGen 1.5 alpha.

Now it's right that Steve should announce the Arriva arrival, because he did all the work on the original train and I'm sure that if he had been able to find the time he would have done a fine exterior for it. So, this 175 is a team effort. The prototype was tried by some of our members and alterations were done thanks to their recommendations. Stephen Cross also corrected some textures for me, which improved the cab sides.

This mutual co-operation bodes well for the future. And I will look at Jeffrey's 175 images to see if I can improve the train further. Even a quick peep shows me there are far better ones than I had to do the job.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 pm

No problem, Grey.

I am sure everyone is rather impressed with the amount of time you spent on this project and the care you spent making it so correct.

The alterations that you made to my cabview train from 2009, are just beyond what I could ever do!

So why not let the world know what they are?

I so feel you should, but they are not alterations I would have made five years on.

Ok, maybe the horns are a bit too loud but there's more than one in my version.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Really very few alterations were needed. Quork had mentioned the drivers viewpoint location was incorrect, and he actually offered me the figures for the position, so I adopted those. There were three sound files that seemed too large, I reduced them using the Audacity program and saved about 4mb. The door sounds were shortened, there's a direct link to the duration of the sound and the open/close time and the doors were rather slow with the original soundfiles.
The panel2 and controls was perfect as you made them so nothing needed to be done. I did look to alter the transparent color to 0,0,0 but it introduced some errors so I abandoned the idea.
I think you're right about the horns. I will tone them down for subsequent releases. I will also improve the detail on the textures later. Wongie has kindly offered some better images than I was able to find for the first edition!
And do feel free to take it and adapt it if you think it would be of any use for one of your projects.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2