BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zusi 3 - the most realistic simulator available to the general public

2 posters

Go down

Zusi 3 - the most realistic simulator available to the general public Empty Zusi 3 - the most realistic simulator available to the general public

Post by Quork Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Enjoy the view =D "most realistic" relates to technical stuff; be it physics, be it safety systems, etc.; this simulator is used on professional training simulators as well; those run a "professional" version with some more functions, but basically that's the same simulator and the additional functions are ones a normal user doesn't need.

Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Zusi 3 - the most realistic simulator available to the general public Empty Re: Zusi 3 - the most realistic simulator available to the general public

Post by stevewool Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:11 pm

I have been keeping an eye on this, i have the demo, most appealing! any news on the full program? ive noticed a few videos of the ICE train in zuzi, looks very fetching and a lovely route to boot Smile

Regards
Stevewool

stevewool

Back to top Go down

Zusi 3 - the most realistic simulator available to the general public Empty Re: Zusi 3 - the most realistic simulator available to the general public

Post by Quork Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Well, it is "nearly ready for release" for years... It sure will be published, Carsten Hölscher is a renowned and experienced programmer; but his focus seems to lie more on the professional version currently than on the public version. But I am keeping an eye on it as well and will mention big news here.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Some update: Sorry if people were looking forward to my information forwarding, but there won't be any. Something happened since the last post. I don't want to explain too much since it is about another person, but let's just say this much: In the Zusi boards, a guy with a slight depression whom I happen to know enough to trust what he says, especially since it is backed with more than enough quotes from PMs and threads, has been bullied (or rather is being bullied) quite badly because of his illness; with the help of the board moderators and the benevolence (or rather malevolence) of Carsten Hölscher, the developer of Zusi and admin of the Zusi boards. It made me curious and I did some more research, finding I know someone who was doing stuff (bugfixes etc.) for Zusi some time ago and got to know Mr. Hölscher a bit back then. When I told him the story he said he could picture that immediately and told some other anecdotes which don't need to be published here but let's just say the fit in neatly.

So in short: Zusi's developer and his product are not deserving any backing and support.

I also asked around more experienced collegues from route service (not everyone here knows, but I'm working as a train driver in what we call "Bereitstellung" (allocation) which means preparing trains, shunting them around a lot and only few (and slow and short) train rides (for turning a multiple unit around or for going to the cleaning facilities at the outskirts of the city)) and found out Zusi isn't that realistic as I always considered it to be where the physics are concerned. Seems LokSim3D has overtaken on Zusi some two or three years ago already. (There was noone with OpenBVE experience to ask, so no comparison there, sorry)
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down