BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-del-

3 posters

Go down

-del- Empty -del-

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

-del- Empty Re: -del-

Post by Northern Line Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:47 am

I believe Anthony Bowden did a bit of work on simulating a passenger walking down the platform at redditch, which I'm quite amazed at still looking back at the video on his channel.
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Personally, I think it could be. I played a sim called World of Subways Vol. 3 London Underground. Passengers would be animated all the way from the platform to when they sat down in the train. I don't think that actually animating the passengers like that in openBVE would be possible. If you're thinking that there would be still photos of passengers in the train and the number would vary depending on how loaded it is, I think that could be possible. That could also be used on the platforms of stations as well.

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:43 pm

You never know sam, perhaps it could be possible but however openbve may be quite limited with that option. I haven't tried so don't take my opinion as final.
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Now, speaking on the most basic of levels, animating moving passengers isn't *that* difficult, and for that matter it's possible to make them after a fashion get onto the train Smile
There are several primary issues in doing something like this with the present state of the sim:
1. No way to load a routefile specific variable- You'd need to create a specific animated file for each particular loading. Easy enough.
2. As there's no way to specify door positions in OpenBVE, you need 100% accurate stops, otherwise you'll get passengers embarking into the side of carriages.
3. Any way of doing this relies heavily on testing the timing of your animations and using a forced red signal to make them vanish before they re-appear as there's no way to do a single cycle.

A basic methodology rundown:
* Create one body object, and X number of legs objects (You'd probably get away with 4 if you didn't mind odd looking walking)
* Set up a forced red signal until departure from the station.
* Create a statefunction, so that the leg objects cycle when the train's speed is at zero, and that the object vanishes when a green signal is displayed. (Otherwise you'll get more passengers popping up out of thin air_
* Create a R=>L translate function, which operates when the train's speed is at zero, as above.

It'd also be possible, if a little more difficult to add a forward translate function to move passengers to the door, but it'd require double the timing and testing to get this working.

TBQH, the problem is far more one of building a person and articulating the legs so that they look decent Smile

Cheers

Chris Lees

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum