BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airbus A350 XWB

5 posters

Go down

Airbus A350 XWB Empty Airbus A350 XWB

Post by Virgintrains61 Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:47 am

:PA new chapter in aviation, the A350 XWB did a test flight yesterday on the 14th. Looks sleek and its design is amazing. First Airline operation is next year mid 2014. I sure hope they make the interior as good as the animation of what it would look like Wink I even have a cab with the plane name which I brought a few weeks ago off the merchandise site.

Virgintrains61

Back to top Go down

Airbus A350 XWB Empty Re: Airbus A350 XWB

Post by mrknowitall Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:10 pm

It looks a lovely shape, Its a shame the big men who run the world would look into why we "the passengers" are not flying as much, and instead of building more eco planes that are less expensive to run, give us a better wage that matched inflation rates etc so that every now and again we have enough to fly! Very Happy
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:20 pm

We're flying more than ever - air passenger numbers are growing 5-6% every year. With low cost airlines offering flights for £20-£30, this is the time to fly - because from an environmental point of view I can't imagine such low fares will be allowed to exist forever.

James

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:39 pm

I hope not. Better today than tomorrow. I've had my fair share of flights, it was great, but being the enviromentalist I am I'm finished with flying. Especially short flights are absolutely worth damnation...
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by spara Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:48 am

Let's hope it does better than the Dreamliner!

spara

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:41 pm

I tend to agree with you, Quork. The very low fares for flights (certainly in the UK) I think don't properly reflect the environmental impact. Flying should be more heavily taxed, and the money ring-fenced for environmental projects. The problem is that such a tax has to be agreed internationally (at least within Europe) because otherwise whichever country has the courage to introduce it will lose out economically to other countries, as people with a choice choose to go elsewhere.

The UK government has already introduced an additional tax for flights from the UK, but it can't realistically do more without international agreements.

Having said that, we shouldn't go too far. Travel is important in broadening peoples' outlook and improving international understanding, and that shouldn't be something which is only for the rich. Short distance travel should be by more environmentally friendly modes, but where flying is clearly the most practical option it shouldn't be put out of the reach of the majority. I just thinking that £40-£60 would be a more reasonable fare than £20-£30!

James

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Well of course banning flights isn't an option. However, a "short flight" in my eyes is way more than many people think. From e.g. Frankfurt, which is one of the big centres of european economy, most european capitals are near enough to make flying irresponsible in my eyes. Be it Bruxelles, London, Paris, which are all reachable with high speed trains with no or only one change; but also Warsaw and Prague, where there's no high speed trains and yet good connections: They're all a few hours away only. Flying there is faster, but still should be banned. If someone goes there as a tourist, the time "lost" shouldn't be decisive; if someone, however, travels there every week or even more often due to work, he should consider introducing telepresence systems in the company. Would save even more time than flying, and it would save money as well.

The same goes for long flights; partially they're too cheap, partially the price is okay, but the biggest problem with me is that the more you fly, the cheaper it becomes. Should be the other way for me... See above; telepresence is good for economy and ecology.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down