BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear end cab?

3 posters

Go down

rear end cab? Empty rear end cab?

Post by mrknowitall Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am

So then, recently i have been tinkering with the class 390 cab, i have changed the panel.txt to a panel.animated but instead of adding a 3d cab i have basically added the 2d panel and got all the commands working as on a normal 2d cab but i've added the tilt command in, so that around corners the cab tilts too, but upon having a play with the exterior view, i changed the car to the last cab, so you could watch the train run around the corners with a tilt, and then i thought about a while back when people was asking about a cab working at the other end, so i gave it ago and added the 3d cab inside the last carriage of the 390, with the camera fixed to the last carriage, and changed the position so that you are affectively looking out of the rear cab, and it runs brilliantly, all i have done is changed the reverser commands around so that if you wish to run back from hammerwich all the controls are correct, now i remember a few players on OpenBVE saying they only look at the exterior upon arrival at the station, so would this be more of a added extra for drivers of the game? if it can work as well on the 156's as well as it had on the 390 you could have endless fun going to and from on NWM with no compromise? just a thought that i came about whilst tinkering with the camera position, i wouldn't mind knowing actual players thoughts on this.
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

rear end cab? Empty Re: rear end cab?

Post by buckysam Tue May 14, 2013 4:31 pm

That sounds pretty cool. Smile So, you've made it so that when you get to the end, you don't have to pause and jump to change ends after finishing the first run. That's what a lot a people have been wanting. Are you going to try to add that to other trains as well?

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Tue May 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Yes that's what I mean, and yes I'm thinking off adding that to all the pioneer train stock

Last edited by mrknowitall on Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Northern line, there was no spell check needed...)
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Wed May 15, 2013 8:10 pm

I wonder why this topic isn't getting very many hits? Neutral

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by jsiren Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:25 pm

I'd certainly like to try driving a double-ended unit, but have you got a downloadable file or example code for a starting point?

jsiren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down