BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-NWM-

+10
Dexter
Stevegr
JimH
mikey1984
tom6561
johnsinden
call2
BillEWS
jckhinks
graymac
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

-NWM- Empty -NWM-

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

-NWM- Empty Re: -NWM-

Post by graymac Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks for the tip Jeffery! It's always good to see the flagship route being kept up to date, even if only to keep the rest of us on our toes and playing catchee up Very Happy
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

-NWM- Empty NETWORK WEST MIDLANDS UPDATED

Post by jckhinks Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:16 am

why can't i play. loads but only thing out of the screen is grass, and the files are in the right place even graymac's route wont work.jack Sad
jckhinks
jckhinks

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 pm

The download Object2 folder refuses to download. I have tried also saving this folder by 'Target As' but it still times out. The other three folders have downloaded OK.

At the moment I saved the folders to a separate folder on my C drive and not into their respective Object, Route and Sound Folders in my Openbve set up. Are the Update folders a separate set up to the present 'older' NWM folder or do I just copy the new Object, Route and Sound files into the older folders? Of course, until I can get the 2nd Object folder to download there is no point attempting to use the new update as yet!

BillEWS

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/GKHome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Sounds as if you need to re-instal the program and its dependencies. Something has to be missing. Do any routes work at all?
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by call2 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:57 pm

BillEWS, and anyone else downloading the latest NWM suite - please rename or backup your old NWM files, (route,object and sound). Install the NWM version 12.12 afresh. Although this is an 'update', it's technically a replacement. Do not mix older files with the new ones.

EDIT: Be sure and install .net4 from Microsoft.

call2

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks for that Call2. Now all I need to do is to get the Object2 folder to download, cheers.

BillEWS

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:29 pm

I finally managed to get the Object2 folder to download, using 'Save Target as' . It took quite a few tried but eventually it worked. I now havethe Update working and have to say the improvements andadditions are really great. I also downloaded the latest Class 47's, 60's and 57's to go with the routes. These and all the updated external trains all look very nice and add more realism to the game play.

It was interesting when running into Hammerwich with the 150 Semi-fast route, finding the train running into the opposite side of the station layout. That makes for a nice change.

The class 60 with the ballast train now runs into the sidings at Salford Bridge instead of towards the stop blocks beyond the station, which never really felt right.

While getting the subsidiary signal to run into the loop seemed OK to start with I was surprised to find that I was running up to another main aspect signal where I got another subsidiary to run towards the stop blocks. As the main signal takes you back out onto the main line it is proper to have a single yellow aspect from the mainline to to take you up to this signal then have the subsidiary signal for the stop-block direction. You would get a main aspect signal for the mainline.

I also ran the 57 freightliner route from Maybank to Ludgate Hill and that too was a joy to play.

The change of sky scenery for different weather conditions is also very nice. I liked particularly the gray overcast sky. That is so realistic.

This is an exellent update and when you add the latest trains from BVE$ Trains they combone to make for great train simulations. Thats to everyone involved for the unexpected 'extra' Christmas present.

BillEWS

Back to top Go down

Post by call2 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks for your feedback about the Salford Bridge sidings, BillEWS. I've been unsure as to how this would be signalled and did think that perhaps a single yellow on the last main line signal would be correct. It's always good to get real driver knowledge about these things so I'll be making some corrections to this to be incorporated into a bug-fix update that would be worthwhile in a few weeks.

I've found some blunders that need fixing. The most noticeable is the 'floating' callon signal at Frankley Junction platform 2, used to signal terminating trains that are going into the turnback siding. It needs lowering slightly.

If anyone sees anything that they feel is incorrect, please post and I'll note it. Ta.

There are still a lot of improvements to be made to NWM, and this release is very much a WIP. Revisions to objects and the addition of more diagrams for the 2001-2005 era are going ahead. Also, many more temporary speed restrictions will be randomly scattered about the diagrams so that timekeeping might be somewhat more difficult at times.

Hopefully the next update will not be quite so long in coming.

Happy New Year to you all.

call2

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:01 pm

And a Happy New Year to you, too. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to producing another excellent release. As you say, there's always something more to do and it's a continuing thing. I was going to say a bit like painting the Forth Bridge, but I understand they have a new paint formula now which lasts over 20 years! Keep it up. Very Happy
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:19 am

And I'd just like to join the others and say thanks for the additions to NWM, including Train and Destination announcements - we are getting spoiled...! Love the stationary Class 37 "Castel Caerfilli" at Wellingham - Graymac might like this for his Welsh route.........!

Happy New Year from me too, and thanks once again.

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by tom6561 Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks for the update, I've run a few routes and I have to say it seems like a pretty decent improvement. The only issue I have run into is that I'm finding the train and destination announcements at stations to be very quiet compared to the ambient sound levels, so it's very difficult if not almost impossible to hear them at some times. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the next update.

tom6561

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey1984 Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 pm

I'll need to grab the latest update.
A couple things I would like to see_
-some new branches
-an late 80's early 90's set of diagrams to make use of the 1st gen DMUs and loco hauled trains, such as as Deltics and 37s running the express routes.
However I appreciate that this would probably require a lot of hard work.
Still probably the best network available and I really appreciate all the effort that has gone in to making it so

mikey1984

Back to top Go down

Post by JimH Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks for this superb update, just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it does.

I like to ask a question about the object files in relation to this particular update, and I've read these posts carefully, likewise the tutorial on file structure but can't seem to find the answer to this particular query unless I've missed something. I unpacked the NWMOjectfiles1 zip and extracted the NWM Open file which I then placed in my Open BVE object folder. I did likewise with NWMOjectfiles2 zip, and extracted the Trains file which I placed into my Open BVE object folder, so, at the end of the day, there were two separate NWM object files (NWM Open/Trains) in the same folder.

I then tried several diagrams from the NWM route, both new and old and at the start of each, a message told me that many files were missing and that there were so many errors. That said, the sim worked although I didn't get very far before returning to the drawing board. I then decided to place the Trains file inside the NWM Open file and now the sim works without any missing files or errors. Did I do the right thing here? I'm not 100% sure. Any thoughts please. Thanks.

JimH

Back to top Go down

Post by call2 Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes, JimH you did the right thing. All objects, (object1, object2), should go into one object folder, ..\Railway\Object\NWM_Open\

We split up the files to a more manageable size for uploading and downloading. I think that we'll have to make it clear on the website. The essential thing is that you do not just overwrite your existing NWM_Open files, (if they exist), from any previous versions, which I've already stated.

call2

Back to top Go down

Post by JimH Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks call2. I'd guessed it was the right course of action but wasn't absolutely certain. It's a nice piece of work, well done.

JimH

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 pm

call2 wrote:Yes, JimH you did the right thing. All objects, (object1, object2), should go into one object folder, ..\Railway\Object\NWM_Open\

We split up the files to a more manageable size for uploading and downloading. I think that we'll have to make it clear on the website. The essential thing is that you do not just overwrite your existing NWM_Open files, (if they exist), from any previous versions, which I've already stated.

Er that's not correct Tony.

It's the file size limit on a Google site that means the object file needs to be in two parts.

Odd when it seems that you can have a huge site like mine, that has downloads all over it but none of them can be or are over 50mb.

Once you give Google about £40 a year that is.

Although I've not made an external anywhere that big.

Maybe this year I will!

Hi detail Pendo, anyone?

Er no....

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Stevegr wrote:
Hi detail Pendo, anyone?
Er no....

Why not! Very Happy How about this one then? Wink
-NWM- 18047080
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Dexter wrote:
Stevegr wrote:
Hi detail Pendo, anyone?
Er no....

Why not! Very Happy How about this one then? Wink
-NWM- 18047080
It is a Pendolino, but the design is kind of widespread.

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm

@Dragonflames: That's how it looks like in my contry. :-)
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Well,

It's the same as the total lack of any external views in my EMU section on Bve4Trains.

I simply don't have the photo's to either use to make it or for research.

As a rough guess if I made it to the standard of the 47/57's about a year as a WIP!

But I would love to make one, I've already updated the cabview and it was the first train I ever made.

Released by TSC it must be five years ago now!

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by jsiren Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi,

I'd just like to say that the Blackbrook shuttle is great, just what I've been hoping for. It seems to be meant to be run with a 153, which I don't have, so I substituted a 158.

Incidentally, how long is the 153 train supposed to be? I ran with a 2-car 158 and got reasonable stop marks overall.

jsiren

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 pm

A 153 is just the one car and what you should use is a Central or London Midland version, both available on my site.
That 'route' was configured to use the ones found on my site.
I have just released a 150/1 in London Midland livery also for use on the Blackbrook Branch.

-NWM- Openbv21

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by jsiren Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Thank you very much indeed, the 153 has been downloaded, and after changing the ATS plugin to UkTrainSys, it works like a charm. I was able to keep much better time.

Just a couple of further stupid questions: when changing ends at Blackbrook, what exactly am I supposed to do? What I first did was set the brakes, lights, direction (centered), and DRA at the arrival end, and then selected Change ends. I was subsequently given -15 points for "Doors opened". On the next run, I did the same things, except I also closed the doors, then changed ends. I was then given -65 points for "Premature departure". But the train didn't move in either occasion! What did I do wrong?

Another question, given that the first stop marker in the Up direction is "2", where am I supposed to stop a single-car train?

thank you,
Juhana Siren

jsiren

Back to top Go down

Post by jsiren Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 pm

jsiren wrote:Just a couple of further stupid questions: when changing ends at Blackbrook, what exactly am I supposed to do? What I first did was set the brakes, lights, direction (centered), and DRA at the arrival end, and then selected Change ends. I was subsequently given -15 points for "Doors opened". On the next run, I did the same things, except I also closed the doors, then changed ends. I was then given -65 points for "Premature departure". But the train didn't move in either occasion! What did I do wrong?

To update, I found the stopping points. As to the changing of ends, it seems that if I only tidy up the first cab and wait, I will after some time be teleported to the other cab. At this time doors seem to be briefly open on both sides, enough to trigger the Doors opened warning. The offside doors close instantly. My OpenBVE version is 1.4.0.9 if that makes a difference.

Black box data is available if necessary.

EDIT: perhaps this should be in Technical Questions?

Last edited by jsiren on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Perhaps this should be in Technical Questions?)

jsiren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum