BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Required with OpenBVE and Mac

2 posters

Go down

Help Required with OpenBVE and Mac Empty Help Required with OpenBVE and Mac

Post by trainsrgr8 Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi all, some of you may remember me from BVE forums of past. After a few years out of the game I have returned and I am trying to install the latest version of OpenBVE onto my Macbook Pro, running the latest version of lion. So far I have been able to download the software (v.1.4.1.2) and load a route. However the game does not include any of the UK safety systems such as AWS and TPWS which I was used to on BVE4.

Reading online, there is a plugin for this, which I have tried to download, but have been unable so far in getting it working. I understand this is probably just a small error I am making somewhere along the line, but if someone could point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks
Danny
trainsrgr8
trainsrgr8

Back to top Go down

Help Required with OpenBVE and Mac Empty Re: Help Required with OpenBVE and Mac

Post by LabRatAndy Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Win 32 dlls, which most plugins are, cannot be run on a mac or linux for that matter. OpenBVE knows this and therefore doesn't load a legacy windows only plugin on a non-windows system, giving access to only the built in safety systems.

However newer .net plugins can run on any operating system, the only one I know of for the UK is available from railsimroutes, but you'll need to set it up for the train your trying to use.

LabRatAndy

Back to top Go down

Post by trainsrgr8 Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi mate, thanks for the speedy response, yeah that was the plugin I was trying, Just not 100% sure how I could go about setting it up for a train.

Danny
trainsrgr8
trainsrgr8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down