BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP

2 posters

Go down

Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP Empty Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP

Post by velaro Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Development is ongoing. I've just implemented randomized weather conditions. Getting started on the Ashfield branch now.

Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP 6065895420_3488d0f131_b_d
velaro
velaro

Back to top Go down

Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP Empty Re: Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP

Post by velaro Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:55 pm

I've been working on the track and signalling of the Ashfield branch, but since that's difficult to capture in a screenshot ...

here's the new Kilpatrick Station.

Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP 6249777484_bd64a1c821_z

Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP 6249777818_0e4fd58962_z
velaro
velaro

Back to top Go down

Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP Empty Re: Sandymill to Invermay / Ashfield WIP

Post by Dexter Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Looks promising, keep up the good work, Velaro! Also decided to go for a platform roof made of glass? Very Happy
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by velaro Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:22 pm

@Derryck: Thanks. I was just experimenting with simulating glass in openBVE and figured, why not?

@Wongie: I did rip out all the signals on this route. The new ones are not terribly fancy, but I am adding quite a bit of randomization. Smile
velaro
velaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:34 pm

@velaro: Sure, it is a good thing to perform experiments from time to time. I still remember my old roof and having not done the research and experiments, I would make no progress at all, so definitely go for it. Cool
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 3:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by velaro Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:15 pm

@Wongie: just a non-animated pane of glass. What I ended up doing is a single-color face with alpha channel (what you suggest) plus a second face a centimeter behind it that uses color-key transparency (to make the glass look a little dirty). Actually not that different from what the original Sandymill does at Invermay Station, but some things are hard to improve upon. Smile
velaro
velaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down