BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Brno Track & Class 163 updates now available

+4
graymac
Quork
BruceS
Dexter
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First Brno Track & Class 163 updates now available Empty First Brno Track & Class 163 updates now available

Post by Dexter Sat May 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Hello all,

new versions of First Brno Track and Class 163 have just been uploaded. Please read the instructions on my website - here - carefully to make the most of it. Should you be willing to help me, please provide overall feedback on realism and fps, and note if freezing the animation had any influence on your fps.

(Note: The animation freezer will only work on First Brno Track with Class 163 running on it)

Thanks in advance! Smile
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

First Brno Track & Class 163 updates now available Empty Re: First Brno Track & Class 163 updates now available

Post by BruceS Sun May 13, 2012 9:34 am

This route is fantastic! I must congratulate the amount of effort you have put into this, it's a outstanding route and I would highly reccomend it!

BruceS

Back to top Go down

First Brno Track & Class 163 updates now available Empty Re: First Brno Track & Class 163 updates now available

Post by Quork Sun May 13, 2012 11:45 am

One small suggestion; could you maybe switch the dead man's device to space bar? That's somewhat more comfortable than having to look for the small numeric key Wink
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Sure, as soon as you tell what is the index of the spacebar in openBVE... been searching for some info on this subject, but nothing was found. Maybe it would be worth creating a table of oBVE controls...
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Ask the dev of the italian Minuetto, there space is used for some sort of vigiliance device (the one activated when starting after a stop)
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 pm

OK then, I will pm him... he's on the forums. Thanks for the advice. Smile
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun May 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Also odakyu fan will know. He made a basic CAWS plug-in that used spacebar for cancel
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Sun May 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Derryck wrote:
Sure, as soon as you tell what is the index of the spacebar in openBVE... been searching for some info on this subject, but nothing was found. Maybe it would be worth creating a table of oBVE controls...

This is not defined by us, the delopers of the TRAINS, but that is in the hands of those whom do the plug ins, as each plug in is different commands can not be controlled, we should look into making this a new topic and getting a team to show how to add the commands in the ats. so more train developers can get more freedom in making more animated files in there train, i ran out of buttons for the 350 Razz
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun May 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Now, mouse control, that would be it Razz Laughing albino

Now on a side note: I do believe this to be theoretically possible with a plugin.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 pm

It is, I will try it, because Luigi Cartello has already given the information to me.
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun May 13, 2012 6:55 pm

What, mouse control?! Shocked affraid bounce
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun May 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Impressive graphics. My PC is too low-fi to get better than 12fps. It doesn't meet the min requirements indicated on the website. I haven't found how to control the train yet, Buzzers go off, and it stops so I didn't get very far. I'm going to see if key9 improves it.

Had another try. 12fps whether Non-numeric 9 is pressed or not, and I still haven't found how to cancel the buzzer. At this point I would use a different train so I could run the route, but I wanted to see if the switched animations made a difference. All the same this old Pentium 4 isn't really up to it!
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 am

Gray, the buzzer (dead man's device) is cancelled by pressing 8. Just go here and make use of the "display controls" link.
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon May 14, 2012 9:50 am

That's handy, I can print it out and save as a reminder!
So, bravely clutching loco instructions, and armed with only a clapped out P4 2.4ghz with 2GbRAM/GeForce8400, Once again I ventured into deepest CZ rep. Once out into open fields I managed to just get 28fps at best. Playing with the Key9 made no difference either way. Under-powered PC froze for several frames over the rivers, possibly due to the animations. When the Key8 is operated should there be some visual indication of the state it is in? Maybe there is and I missed it?

As always, Derryck, this is visually right at the top of the range and the very best route I have seen as far as the scenery detail goes. The moving water in the rivers is a great trick, although to be honest you don't get much chance to see it. That loco is a huge noisy brute! Noisier than a diesel even. I wished I had bought my ticket (first-class) and could have relaxed in a nice comfortable window seat in a carriage (perhaps with a nice cool pils) and just watch the houses trees and fields go by.

I also loaded the route into route viewer and was getting stop-frame motion running forwards and backwards. As I say, this is an awesome route but you gotta have the hardware to run it. Certainly at least what you recommend on the website as a minimum.

Last edited by graymac on Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 10:25 am

OK, I have found the solution, the buzzer cancellation (dead man's device) was put under spacebar. Shall I re-upload the loco with this new setting? (if so, don't print it yet, Gray!)

One more question: could anyone provide feedback on the fps? Where does it drop the most? What causes you trouble?

Thanks!
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 am

Quork wrote:What, mouse control?! Shocked affraid bounce

Erm, not that, as I work with os_ats.dll, which definitely won't let me do that.
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon May 14, 2012 10:52 am

Crossed lines, You can upload the spacebar version if you like, it would be better for the driver and easier to operate quickly.

graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 10:55 am

OK, I will do that some time tomorrow, I am getting ready for work now...
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by hasnotif Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 am

First of all, this is a brilliant add-on on all aspects. The number of fps itself speaks for the amount of effort invested in a pretty much short route. It's a shame my laptop cannot handle such high quality.

Regarding the fps question:

Overall, the fps averages about 10-20, the highest reaching 30-35 in the tunnels (when I look at the walls!).
The fps drops to around 1-5 before the tunnel exit and at the curve approaching the first station in Lipnice. Other than that, I can just about cope with the ride.

Hope this info can help! Very Happy

hasnotif

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 11:29 am

It definiotely can, thanks a lot! I think the main fps issues are caused by idle trains, so I will have to look into that...

So, the very last station is OK, no big fps issues?
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Mon May 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Some may remmeber that I purchased a new computer a few months back and reported on the OpenBVE Forum that I was now getting frame rates of 800 and more. Heavy routes still reduced somewhat but still a hugh increase compared tp the 4-4 frame rates I had been getting. First Bruno wouldn't even move! or if it did it would be 2-3 fps. Quite useless for game play. However, I am now getting up to 200 plus fps with First Buno and able to enjoy this great route at last. If the FPS can be increased even more, as Derryk thinks, that would be welcome by those who can't get it to run.

There is a large amount of objects in the route. That's not a complaint. It's always nice to see a more realistic amount of scenery in a route.

Last edited by BillEWS on Mon May 14, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

BillEWS

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/GKHome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm

That could be something to add in high priority and hopefully not much time for OpenBVE; a setting "maximal texture size" for users with weak computers. I'll check the route myself today, just let me finish listening the album by Krypteria Very Happy
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Derryck, brilliant route as I've said before, but, like Graham, I've noticed no appreciable difference by using "9", although it does "freeze" the animation. I'm getting an fps from anywhere between 9 and 12-15. But I believe this to be the due to the fact that my laptop with its Intel Chipset Graphics card is "OK" for low end graphics, but just doesn't have the beef to deal with high specs. Its biggest challenge is dealing with large, 4-track wide pylons and overhead wires and gantries, no matter what route I'm on, e.g on NWM approaching Washpool the fps plummets down to 9-10, once clear away from here, or on non-electric routes, the fps is back up to somewhere between 30-40. So the problem is at my end - with laptops there isn't much else you can do with a built-in Graphics card. So before doing anything Derryck I'd suggest you wait for some more responses from other members. Otherwise, as I've said, fantastic route with wonderful detail. Well done.

@Graymac - Fancy not reading the instructions first. Shame on you...........!

Cheers,

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon May 14, 2012 6:04 pm

@ john - read the instructions???? Now, who does.? True, I should know better.
There's no magic solution to the performance issue. This route does need a better than average machine to work properly. I hope to compare the framerate later with a better machine I have available, Using the same basic PC which I build stuff on gives me a sort of yardstick to measure by. I'll report any results when i have them.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Good, thank you for results, I will await a couple more. I can see spaces for improvement - eliminating alpha in new passenger's textures, simplifying the shed trains etc. It is just hard to degrade a highly detailed stuff to lower detailed one...
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next