BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narrow Gauge

+2
Tstageman
alex_farlie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Narrow Gauge - Page 2 Empty Re: Narrow Gauge

Post by Tstageman Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:23 am

Its not based on anything in particular, just something I knocked up in half an hour or so, just to see if it was possible and to see what it looked like. Not sure what guage it would be to, all I did was build a section of track with narrower rails and this is the result. I need to look at how to build my own track as Derryck's track builder will only do the two gauges.

Regards

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:28 am

Building the custom gauge track is easy for the straights, a little harder for the curves and a right b***er for the switches. Although if you start at the beginning with "switch" generated track it is editable, you basically only need to x-shift the components. If you don't have too many track items it's not too daunting.

(I've never done it myself, I think I have about fifty something rail items in BWR, so changing to the true five-foot three would be a pain, plus widening of some structures would be needed! )
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 pm

graymac wrote:Building the custom gauge track is easy for the straights, a little harder for the curves and a right b***er for the switches. Although if you start at the beginning with "switch" generated track it is editable, you basically only need to x-shift the components. If you don't have too many track items it's not too daunting.

(I've never done it myself, I think I have about fifty something rail items in BWR, so changing to the true five-foot three would be a pain, plus widening of some structures would be needed! )

I asked Quork to try and come up with a 'general' bend formulae...
* You don't happen to have a set of IR civi enginerring manuals to hand?

My thought was that the 'geometry' can't be that different from that in some GWR notes someone's put online, although you'd obviously
need to regenerate the tables from the requisite equations.

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:16 pm

...which I'm still on btw. Tomorrow I'll finally have time and a whiteboard, at last =D
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstageman Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 am

I'll give some curves a go a little later today when I have some spare time, I am a little apprehensive as to how difficult it will be, but if theres a relatively easy way to make a few more bits and pieces for NG then I want to give it a crack.

Regards

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2