BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-del-

4 posters

Go down

-del- Empty -del-

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 am

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

-del- Empty Re: -del-

Post by graymac Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Dunno. But for the sake of my sanity (having observed the difficulties from a safe distance) I'm still happily running the last version of openbve. What's not to like about it?
I'm not sold on the "managed content" at this point. It isn't the concept, it's the mechanism I have reservations about insofar as the extra work by the developer who has to deploy it
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thachieman350 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 pm

I agree. Graymac do you think you could send me the last version of OpenBve as this current version isn't working at all for me Mad .
Thanks
Jesse.

thachieman350

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I think Michelle should seriously consider putting that old version back online. Very Happy
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 am

Michelle is only human and can sometimes make mistakes. However, she is right most of the time. And when she is spot on, it's a treat!!
Re: Content and Settings in Userdat

Postby michelle ยป Thu, 2nd Feb 2012, 00:11
"Exactly" seems to be a very flexible word to you. As the documentation says, place the filesystem.cfg under INSTALLDIRECTORY/UserData/Settings where INSTALLDIRECTORY is the directory where OpenBve.exe is located, and that is hopefully not AppData/Roaming. All in all, I can tell you this works, has been working for over a year now, and will work even for you if you follow the instructions a little closer to exact than "exactly".

That's telling you, Jeff! silent
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:17 am

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:19 am

Wongie2009 wrote:One forum is either being unhelpful and only speculated how things should happen, the other is intimidating me, whilst I simply reported a fault (after following orders) and gave all the information. Thus far, I second Derryck's post, and game a game.

I respect your post that One forum is intimidating you. But this forum all be it UNHELPFUL to your post, is useful for some things. Just because its unhelpful for one post doesn't mean you can start a small rant.

We speculate because we are unsure what answer your aiming for. A games a game, And while Michelle is running the show anything you try ask about will simply get rejected. She doesn't seem to have very nice people skills.

I think this topic has run its course.
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum