BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Plugins capable of loading route

2 posters

Go down

No Plugins capable of loading route Empty No Plugins capable of loading route

Post by chris.a.purkiss@gmail.com Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:42 am

After several years of inactivity I have rekindles my interest ins train sims and have been looking at various packages (Trainsim World 2-OpenRails and now OpenBVE)

I have installed the NWM_Open route and associated files and after several checks I am fairly sure I have everything in the right place but I am getting the following error

No plugins capable of loading route file C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Object\NWM_Open\Trains\66_EWS\66064_LEA.csv were found.

i have also checked the last crash log which is shown below.

11:52:09  INFO: Route file hash 065FC75F76F03B2987595D639B0E0E2A3F08D7623D8820834C90E31BC06495BA
11:52:09  Route file format is: CSV
11:52:20  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Railway : Railway folder candidate rejected- Directory empty.
11:52:20  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway : Railway folder found.
11:52:20  Loading route file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Route\Birmingham_Cross-City_South_openBVE\Dawn\323_Summer_2002_0625_Clear.csv
11:52:20  INFO: Route file hash 4B9F8E593DC479D3395A82CEDFB7EBC3835A4E993D871DF515982C4D5F419875
11:52:20  Route file format is: CSV

I am happy to try another route if this would clear the error just to get OpenBVE running

Would appreciate any help

chris.a.purkiss@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

No Plugins capable of loading route Empty Re: No Plugins capable of loading route

Post by leezer3 Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 pm

You've messed up the installation somehow, or have browsed to the wrong place for the first of your two errors.
The file C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Object\NWM_Open\Trains\66_EWS\66064_LEA.csv is actually a 3D model of a class 66, *not* a routefile. Unfortunately, 3D objects share the same file extension as a routefile. (Might be able to do something about that, will think....)

Your log from the second appears incomplete, and doesn't actually show any crashes or anything interesting (it finishes just after it starts to load the route).

I *suspect* you've probably done something odd with the file placement or something in both cases.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

No Plugins capable of loading route Empty Re: No Plugins capable of loading route

Post by chris.a.purkiss@gmail.com Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:46 am

Thanks, thought I had posted a reply earlier.

I will go back to basics and check my installs again. I should perhaps have mentioned that clicking Start doesn't do anything which might explain the no crashed in the report.

Just for the record are any plugins a "must have" for BVE to work??

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Nope, all plugins are supplied, unless you're trying to use some marginally obscure Hong-Kong based content.

You might try installing packaged based stuff as a test, as this will automatically put things in the 'right' places.
This hasn't gained as much traction as it might have done, which is unfortunate, but there are historical issues in this regard....

I've got a bunch of UK stuff on my site, although these days I'm primarily working on the sim itself Smile
http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk/wordpress/

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.a.purkiss@gmail.com Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:24 am

Sorry to come back but I seem to be having a problem installing one of the package base items as a test. When unpacked the main folder is program.

When I look at the program with some sub folders, where do I place "program"

Is there info somewhere showing the correct folder/file layout?? Just found the info I wanted.

I have a folder named Open Rails Monogame for my addons so just need correct structure under that.

If I look at my C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Object in the route selection of the game I have 2 routes showing, Bham_X-city_south and NWM_Open. Can someone tell me the correct file structures for both these routes as I'm sure I am still wrong.

in my C:\Open Rails MonoGame\Program\ROUTES  I also have Midland Suburban Line.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.a.purkiss@gmail.com Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:48 pm

Hi. I want to start from scratch rather than fiddling around. 

One question comes to mind and that is are OpenBVE and Open Rails Monogame the same?

I had both installed but have removed the Open Rails Monogame in case I was getting confused as to which I was dealing with.

If I uninstall OpenBVE and start afresh  will this remove the add on folder I have created and are any routes included in the install for testing?

I also noticed that OpenBVE has a package installer included is it a good idea to use this so everything gets put in the right place. Are there any restrictions using this i.e to have to make sure the package is for OpenBVE and how can I check?

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:50 pm

OpenRails is a MSTS clone, nothing to do with OpenBVE.

Unfortunately, no routes are included- This would increase the download size considerably, and for that matter opens a nasty can of worms.

The package installer will only install packages created by it (they are basically just a standard ZIP with some metadata files).
If it's not a valid package, it just won't do anything/ recognise it.

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.a.purkiss@gmail.com Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:01 am

Hi, have finally got OpenBve to run using limited route selection. Thinks I now have the file structure worked out.

However the program reported some error and missing files. Don't know how to attach file so have shown full list below.

Hope you can help

openBVE Log: 05/11/2021 07:41:30
Program Version: v1.8.1.0

07:41:31  No supported screen reader found.
07:41:31  Using openGL 1.2 (old) renderer
07:41:31  Initialising game window of size 960 x 600
07:41:32  Game window initialised successfully.
07:41:32  Renderer initialised successfully.
07:41:32  C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Railway : Railway folder found.
07:41:32  INFO: 2 Route loading plugins available.
07:41:32  INFO: 6 Object loading plugins available.
07:41:32  INFO: 2 Sound loading plugins available.
07:41:32  Loading route file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Route\Silverlink Metro\North London Line V1.csv
07:41:32  INFO: Route file hash 160E9D3117365F62AC47818AF799E761F4937F7E84A3750556F4D1048060AA16
07:41:32  Route file format is: CSV
07:41:32  INFO: Using the Japanese compatibility signal set.
07:41:34  FileName C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Railway\Object\SilverlinkMetro\Backdrop_westlondon_overcast.png not found in Background at line 10, column 1 in file C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Route\Silverlink Metro\North London Line V1.csv
07:41:34  FileName C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Railway\Object\SilverlinkMetro\Backdrop_EastLondon1_Overcast.png not found in Background at line 13, column 1 in file C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Route\Silverlink Metro\North London Line V1.csv
07:41:48  BackgroundIndex 0 has not been loaded via Texture.Background in Back at line 51, column 1 in file C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Route\Silverlink Metro\Modules\Richmond P4.txt
07:41:49  BackgroundIndex 0 has not been loaded via Texture.Background in Back at line 5548, column 1 in file C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Route\Silverlink Metro\Modules\Willesden Junction - Camden Road.txt
07:41:50  BackgroundIndex 2 has not been loaded via Texture.Background in Back at line 2, column 1 in file C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Route\Silverlink Metro\Modules\Dalston Kingsland - Stratford Junctions.txt
07:41:52  Route file loaded successfully.
07:41:52  Loading player train: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Train\cl313_Silverlink
07:41:52  Loading sound.cfg file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Train\cl313_Silverlink\sound.cfg
07:41:53  Loading train panel: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Train\cl313_Silverlink\panel2.cfg
07:41:53  Train panel loaded sucessfully.
07:41:54  Loading train plugin: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\OpenBve\LegacyContent\Railway\Train\cl313_Silverlink\DualVoltage.dll
07:41:54  Train plugin loaded successfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:32 am

You'll probably find that those errors are 'normal' & nothing to worry about Smile

A lot of BVE content will generate some errors (older stuff much more than newer stuff), and they're generally harmless, unless you find missing stuff, or have hundreds of them.

You'll also very probably find that enabling the new GL3 renderer under options (second page) will give you a quite significant FPS boost.

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down