BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

App crashes when Windows registry performance counters are rebuilt.

2 posters

Go down

App crashes when Windows registry performance counters are rebuilt. Empty App crashes when Windows registry performance counters are rebuilt.

Post by SmoIchopper Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:50 pm

Today I reset Windows Registry and immediately after I loaded up BVE and got an unhandled exception: "Could not find Object in index" when the routefile was being parsed. I loaded into the 2D cab view and when I switched to the exterior view, (the train has an exterior view), there were no objects there and the app proceeded to stop responding and close, there was no crash log generated oddly. I now cannot run BVE after multiple attempts. I'm not sure if this is an issue on my side because I have been unable to find a solution anywhere else on the web or with the route file / train exterior view files.
SmoIchopper
SmoIchopper

Rakago likes this post

Back to top Go down

App crashes when Windows registry performance counters are rebuilt. Empty Re: App crashes when Windows registry performance counters are rebuilt.

Post by SmoIchopper Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:51 am

I forgot to mention ages ago I fixed this issue by switching to a nightly build.   Razz
SmoIchopper
SmoIchopper

Back to top Go down

App crashes when Windows registry performance counters are rebuilt. Empty Re: App crashes when Windows registry performance counters are rebuilt.

Post by leezer3 Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:23 am

As per the last time this was raised, something is fundamentally broken if you need to be doing this.

I can quite happily rebuild the performance counters with no issue.
Any chance of a crash log?
(Main menu, report problem, previous crash log)

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum