BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights

+9
davidh21
Mysterious
graymac
johnsinden
joeyfjj
Neil
kieranharvey
Dexter
busheyheath
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights

Post by busheyheath Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:07 pm

The LT 1959 stock was made by Tom Beevers e.a., and he gave it to me for testing purposes end 2009. I like the train. I have sent a message to Tom to see if there are any updates available, and if I may release the train with my route.
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights - Page 3 Empty Re: Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights

Post by busheyheath Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Still working on the line. I just added a footbridge over the line, short before Highgate. For all those critics, remember it took me more than 6 hours of work, and that goes for all developers...
Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights - Page 3 Hgwithfootbr
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights - Page 3 Empty Excellent work!

Post by VishnuB Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:39 am

The route looks phenomenal! I'm really looking forward to the release and can't wait to drive it. Keep up the good work!
VishnuB
VishnuB

http://vishnubachani.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Well if that took you only 6 hours to do then I'm truly impressed. Well done my friend. That would probably take me 6 months.........! Any further joy with Finsbury Park?

Cheers,

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Currently working on this piece of the route. It is a combination of a very elaborate railway junction and a LU line rising between the main line tracks, plus the housing in this part of London. What can be seen? What must be seen? What can be covered?
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:57 pm

As many of you know Finsbury Park is a very messy station, about 4 metres above, and between two intersecting roads (Seven Sisters and Stroud Green). This is what I have built so far, and I'm still not satisfied:
Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights - Page 3 Fpstationnew
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:16 pm

busheyheath wrote:As many of you know Finsbury Park is a very messy station, about 4 metres above, and between two intersecting roads (Seven Sisters and Stroud Green). This is what I have built so far, and I'm still not satisfied

Very nice indeed, must have taken lots of work...
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Yes, thank you, and now I need some more photos of this station in the early 1960's. This tration is a real challenge!
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Just added the old Astoria bioscope, with a poster of the Beatles concert there in 1964...
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Looks amazing - well done

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Thank you! Today I added a track on the leftmost side, changed some buildings there, removed a building at Stroud Green road that stood in the way and was too modern, and now I'm working at the piece of track between FP station and the overbridge to Stroud Green. BVE does not allow you to turn to the right and then climb over the existing railroad without hundreds of tricks....
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Here is the result. I checked with pictures from FP station, and it looks rather natural to me. I will leave it like that for the time being:
Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights - Page 3 Fpstationwithsgroad
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:28 pm

So much for Finsbury Park. The nexr project will be East Finchley station. The building is beautiful, I got permission from the old TSC to use the East Finchley-Finchley Central part of their Northern Line.
East Finchley i located just after a road undercrossing. The present situation is a 90 deg. crossing, but in fact the crossing is oblique, about 45 degrees. Now I have to re-arrange the overbridges to the station and make a new railway entrance. More to do!
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Nice! Just like if I was standing there. Smile
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysterious Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi there Busheyheath how have you been, I have noticed that the blog has been quiet for little while, how is the projecting coming along is it still a W.I.P?

Mysterious

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:32 am

Hmm it would have been more considerable to Private Message him as it helps by not resurrecting old posts which have not had updates for a while. It's up to the developer of that route whether he should update the topic or not. This helps by not cluttering the forum with non recent posts. If you need any help, then be sure to let us know and we can help where we can.

Thanks

Last edited by Northern Line on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added extra information)
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:51 pm

The route is almost finished.
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:42 am

Good news to hear Wink
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 am

That is good news! :-) By the way, it is true that you have been a bit silent recently... taking rest maybe? Smile
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Looking forward to its release, Bushey - that screenshot of Finsbury Park looks excellent. Well done.

Cheers,

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Derryck wrote:That is good news! :-) By the way, it is true that you have been a bit silent recently... taking rest maybe? Smile

Will holidays do? Smile
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by klmconcorde Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:56 pm

is this project still alive?

klmconcorde

Back to top Go down

Reviving an abandoned LU line: Northern Heights - Page 3 Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:13 pm

I am back after 6 years! I lost a lot of things after updating my system to Windows 1. Nothing would work anymore, so I abandoned the project. Now I have my programs back (albeit that BVE runner does not work yet) and I am taking up the project again.
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3