BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Will Watford Junction- Rugby Be Released?

5 posters

Go down

When Will Watford Junction- Rugby Be Released? Empty When Will Watford Junction- Rugby Be Released?

Post by Wakim2005 Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:29 pm

When will WJ-R be realeased? Who knows?

Last edited by mrknowitall on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved from verified downloads to general topics.)

Wakim2005

http://tomlondonbus.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

When Will Watford Junction- Rugby Be Released? Empty Re: When Will Watford Junction- Rugby Be Released?

Post by pedned Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Only who can really answer this is Anthony Bowden, himself. But from what I can see, he has been focussed on working on other things for Open BVE, and is trying to extract the most out of Open. The WTJ - RUG line has been WIP for a long long time now. And due to performance being low, due to the sheer amount of detail loaded into the route, I personally can't see the release being any time soon. But that is my opinion, as I can't speak for the man himself.

pedned

Back to top Go down

When Will Watford Junction- Rugby Be Released? Empty Re: When Will Watford Junction- Rugby Be Released?

Post by mrknowitall Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:44 pm

pedned wrote:Only who can really answer this is Anthony Bowden, himself. But from what I can see, he has been focussed on working on other things for Open BVE, and is trying to extract the most out of Open. The WTJ - RUG line has been WIP for a long long time now. And due to performance being low, due to the sheer amount of detail loaded into the route, I personally can't see the release being any time soon. But that is my opinion, as I can't speak for the man himself.

I agree with Jamie. Its highly likely he will be awaiting the new version of openbve.

However, I had also hoped that one day, someone might come along and develop a new simulator with a much better renderer, which was also capable of loading BVE's route and object formats, which might revive the Watford Junction to Rugby project as a whole. During 2005, I made a great deal of progress with the route, but I also realised that my hope wasn't likely to be realised any time soon, so I effectively abandoned development for BVE, and thought I'd never return. I did actually do some more work in 2007, such as adding 3D vegetation and grass to the route's embankments, and modelling some more of the changes which had taken place on the real WCML, but I felt that showing the screenshots and a new video of this work was the only way that I could share what I'd created at the time, and I also felt that these developments were likely going to be the last work I did on the route.

He is prone to taking massive amounts of time away from the simulator Very Happy Just be assured that it wont go to waste ( the route ) and will at some point in the future will be released Very Happy
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgintrains61 Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 am

Recently he said that he hadn't made the Rugby Area. He will do soon maybe.

Virgintrains61

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:50 am

It's pointless to speculate. There are too many reasons why work doesn't get finished. All too often release dates are hinted at or even (foolishly) promised and, come the day and to a great fanfare - zilch!

So BVE is like existentialism and atheism.
Until it is released it doesn't exist and if it doesn't exist don't believe in it. albino
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down