BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More flexible jumping(change ends)

3 posters

Go down

More flexible jumping(change ends) Empty More flexible jumping(change ends)

Post by zbx1425 Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:23 am

Sir chris:
The ChangeEnd feature is very useful. However, I think it would be better if we can jump to a previous station (maybe specified by a index or stationname following the first character). In this way, we can create a true loop line.
Also, I hope there is a way to trigger the behavior without requiring to stop the train, that is, you are moved once you passes the stop point and placed on the stop point of that specified station, with speed unchanged.
Can this be considered? Thank you!

Best Regards
zbx1425
zbx1425

https://www.zbx1425.cn

Back to top Go down

More flexible jumping(change ends) Empty Re: More flexible jumping(change ends)

Post by leezer3 Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:40 pm

That's a somewhat interesting pair of ideas.

Jumping to a specific station (rather than the next) is easy enough, but would be backwards incompatible.
Probably needs an entirely new equivilant to the .sta command. (The C to change ends was IIRC selected as it was a logical extension to existing behaviour and relatively harmless if misinterpreted)

Jumping whist in motion is also (relatively) easy, but I'm not sure it'd work too well in the current state of affairs-
There's already a noticable stutter when we load each world block on lower-end machines, and I would strongly suspect that this would be rather multiplied when doing a major jump.

Let me do some fiddling and I'll see if I can't get something to work.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:53 pm

Jumping was actually quite easy to implement when I thought about it some more Smile

Today's build adds two additional special cases to the DepartureTime component of a .Sta command. These are as follows:
J: Index
J: Index: Time

J signifies that this station will initiate a Jump when the departure time is reached.
Index controls the zero-based index of the station to which the train will jump. (May be forwards or backwards, so it's possible to create a route which inifinitely loops unless you fail to stop at the Jump station.
Time is an optional parameter, and supplies the departure time for the station

The documentation on the main site should also be updated momentarily.

Still thinking about jumping in motion & the implications of that one.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tf51d Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:51 am

The main problem with the Change End function is when the second route is loaded with the Include function  You either have to use the same objects with the same indexed as the first route (Which almost never happens) or use an Object list indexed uniquely in the second route then the first route. Among other issues, this increases VAS usage. So I was wondering is it possible to clear out completely from memory the object index list from the first route and load only the second route objects on execution of the include instruction? This would allow you to more easily set up a continuous run of a route in both direction (Ex: Route 1 is Northbound, route 2 is Southbound route)

tf51d

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down